close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Charleston, SC 2011 Debriefing & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Oct 29, 2011.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories and photos here.

2. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Turned out wet rainey and cold for this area in the morning!
    I do have a couple of pictures to post but thy're on my new phone and I have to figure out how to do it just yet.

We're tired. Got the mainstream of the shooters thru the match by 3pm I think with just some stragglers after that.

The weather broke around noon time for a sunny cool breezy day. Good enoung to keep out bug population down on the ground.

Super to see the turnout of Vendors and shooters that we had and I look forward to being there tomorrow!

3. BK94

BK94

This morning was a lil crummy but this afternoon turned out great! Match was run really well plenty of ro's and everybody was pasting holes.

Got plenty of compliments on my " GLOCK IT" license plate. Shot well but shot really well in the Unlimited div with my Carver Custom.

Great job on there first match. See ya next year>

4. mike g35

mike g35

Glad to hear you ran the racegun well. Good job!

5. Melissa5

Melissa5

I improved from Conyers and had two clean 5.XX plate runs, so I'm happy. There weren't long lines when I got there and I was done in about 2.5 hours. Everyone was really nice. Some funky stuff happened though. On Glock'M, the shooter on the right bay shot a target that belonged to the shooter in the left bay, so they both reshot the course. Then my personal foibles, one time I didn't seat the mag completely and it fell out right after the timer started...do over. :embarassed: Then, on my first Glock'M run, two of the poppers had not been reset or were knocked down by the wind...I don't know. Needless to say that I was rattled after that. Anyway, I had fun and want to thank everyone involved with putting on the match.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  6. SARDG

SARDG

Great Melissa - could you get a 'most-improved shooter' prize on the other thread around here?

How could someone shoot across stages like that? Even if they were fairly close it seems it would take a concentrated effort to do it.

If the wind gets too bad they usually use 'wind rules' and lock the poppers up. Then you only have to hit them - not make them fall.

Glad you had fun...

7. Melissa5

Melissa5

Thanks!

8. mike g35

mike g35

"for all I know I hit the base of the target", congratulations Melissa, honesty is a great attribute. The round probably DIDN'T hit the base but its nice to see someone honest enough to take that into consideration, bravo.:wavey:

9. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Melissa, it is percent of improvement that will determine the winner, not total time improvement.

10. Melissa5

Melissa5

Thanks, Mike!

11. Melissa5

Melissa5

OK, I'll post my scores as soon as the prelims for Charleston are posted. Will it matter that I shot my G26 in the sub-compact division in Conyers and the Civ-Am division at Charleston?

12. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Since there is no way for me to verify what gun was used, unlimited scores are not allowed. Otherwise we compare division score to division score, i.e. 2 am civ scores can be compared, or 2 subcompact, but not a subcompact v and am civ.

13. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Shot 4 guns in 90 minutes.
    Compact & efficient range.
    Capable staff, especially for their first match.
    Vendors: Ed's & Lawmen's
    GSSF Staff: Alan R.; Erin R.; Scott G.

Very nice. Hope they have match there again.

MUCH better than catastrophe at Oxford, NC range last year!

Tx to Lisa Marie!

14. Glockrunner

Thank you for the kind comments, we are trying hard.

Error: Ms Lisa-Marie was not the Match Director. Ms. Cyndi Bishop a member of the Palmetto Gun Club is the Match Director. Ms Lisa-Marie did however work as an RO in the trailer helping with efforts there.

I hope todays nicer (but cooler yet) weather we see even more shooters.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  15. SARDG

SARDG

Gail P. just showed up to join Lisa-Marie and Cindy B. for the Alabama Holster Company Ladies Team. I'm not there so I’m competing vicariously through their scores. :supergrin:

Good luck ladies...

16. CUTigers2002

CUTigers2002

Great match! Much nicer than any of the Raleigh locations. Small in size, so I could see it having problems if this match had 500 entries. Very few people shooting this morning, so we started shooting around 10 and were done at 11....4 shooters with 5 total entries in 1 hour. WOW!! It was literally walk up and shoot for every stage!!! Definitely not the norm for a Glock shoot in recent years. We were done so quickly (and the lines were so short) that I talked a buddy into shooting another category. Weagle sold him a box of ammo, and he registered and shot a very fast time (and a personal best). Lines were a little longer by this time, but still not bad. And it gave me a chance to paste targets a little!! And he was around entry number 340 at 11 o'clock.

Expect VERY fast times, especially on the 5 to Glock....I stepped the long distance target and it wasn't over 15/16 yards!!! I've never seen one that close. Didn't get a chance to step it, but I'm convinced the 2 back targets on Glock M were further out.

Overall, we had a great time. Love the location and hope to attend next year. Thanks to all the staff and RO's, and of course to Glock & GSSF for having these matches.

17. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Very well run match, with very friendly and helpful range officers and support staff all the way around. Thanks to all who made it happen! :wavey:

18. Glockrunner

I think the record will show 346 entries. That for a first time match to me, was a good turnout especially considering the unusually cool weather mixed with some early morning rain. Sunday while cooler had a lot of good strong sunshine and was very breezy with mild gusts of wind.

We surely appreciate all the support the surrounding Glock shooters gave us in attending our affair. If the moon and stars align just right again next year, we most certainly would like to do it again!

We seemed to pool a fine group of mixed RO’s (experienced and new) that worked very well with each other at any stage. Of course much of the thanks has to go to them! It would have never been this easy to run and pull this off in such a short order without their assistance and knowledge of the shooting sports.

And saving the best for last we had some great support from the vendors. Ed's Safety, Lawmans and Shooters Aliance to name a few. Liberty tax provided water to quench the thirsty and the Boy Scouts were providing wreaths for the upcoming Christmas season.

I forgot to mention, we did eat very well also! Mr. Chinners provided us with some class BBQ, piping hot hamburgers and hot dogs. And plenty of french fries! Hot and cold drinks too. I did ask around and no one to my knowledge went home hungry.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  19. The Highlander

The Highlander

Thank you to the folks who arranged and staffed the match. Unbelievable that it was your first GSSF match, please don't let it be your last! Very friendly folks all the way around, safe ranges, just had a great time. I think I shot a personal best with my 17, I'll know for sure tomorrow when I have time to verify my score on the GSSF site is the same as what I came up with.

I'll definitely be back next year!

20. SARDG

SARDG

hmmm? You aren't the first one to mention that the prelim results may be posted tomorrow. Probably true; it sounded like an efficient match.