close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Charleston prelims posted

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by CUTigers2002, Nov 1, 2011.

1. CUTigers2002

CUTigers2002

Congrats to all shooters

2. SARDG

SARDG

3. SARDG

SARDG

Team Alabama Holster - Ladies... 1st Place Amateur if it sticks. :cheerleader:

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Congrats to all the shooters, those are some great scores. Congratulations to the host club for what sounds like a super match. Getting 346 entries on the first match is outstanding.

Lets not forget the GSSF Folks either for working their butts off to give us the opportunity to have a fun weekend.

Don

5. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

well, I wasn't LAST in any division, so that's cool.

6. Melissa5

Melissa5

Me either and my civ am score was 20 seconds lower than what I had calculated. I'm going to use your spreadsheet to recheck my math.

Edited to add: Phooey! GSSF made a mistake on my scores, so I guess I'll email them. That will let 3 shooters move ahead of me. :( Great spreadsheet, Greg! Thank you again!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  7. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

I did not have to ride home in the trunk this time.

8. The Highlander

The Highlander

I'm happy, shot a personal best with my 17! And that included the 10 second penalty I had for going full auto. The nice armorer corrected that little issue for me with some new parts.

9. SARDG

SARDG

You should normally get a re-shoot with a gun malfunction - though I haven't heard of a full-auto malf at GSSF.

10. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Wow -- that was quick! This match was efficiently run from beginning to end! Thanks again to all who made it happen.

...And, Highlander, I just GOTTA ask...what was the trigger system in the gun when it went full auto?

11. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

man, I missed watchin u shoot....and meeting u.

maybe in Griffin if ur going.
    Greg

12. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

so, does that mean ur lovely wife BEAT ya?
    Just asking.
    Greg

13. The Highlander

The Highlander

I was shooting a G17 on the first stage, the trigger is a stock Glock with a 3.5 # connector. On the last target of the stage (I think) it fired twice. I have it on video, not sure how to post it on here though. The armorer replaced the firing pin and trigger assembly and sent me over to the warmup rack to test fire it. No problems whatsoever through two full mags.

Never thought about a re-shoot. Just assumed I had done it and took my 10 second penalty. I have the same components in my G34 and G17L however, and have never doubled with either of them or any other gun for that matter. This G17 is one of the first Gen 3's out, a 2-pin frame, and has quite a few rounds through it. I just figured the parts were ready to be replaced.

The 10-second penalty cost me a top 10 finish, even though I fired a personal best even including it.

14. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Congrats to the Alabama Holster Co Ladies Team.

15. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

she did not beat me this time

so I got to ride IN the car:O)

16. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Can't make Griffin or Pensacola, darn it...maybe Clearwater or Orlando first quarter next year.

Didn't miss much not seeing me shoot...in fact, it would have taken you a lot of time...:crying:

Congrats to Mike Ross, who apparently won Matchmeister with a baby Glock G26...AGAIN!

17. SARDG

SARDG

Ah, that's just a double-tap. Full-auto is 3 or more. (That's my story...)

But with essentially a double-tap, there is no penalty or procedural in that alone. If it resulted in a miss, or even an 11th round fired on 5tG, then you get the 10 seconds. If it's a true firearm or ammo malf then you get one immedite reshoot. That's also my story... but I wasn't there.

18. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Shooting matches always seems to have a learning curve.
    I was in the trailer with you and the GSSF Armorer when he explained the possible double tap (D.Tap) problem to you and replaced the components.

Not being on the line of fire when it occurred I would have to assume the RO thought you caused the D. Tap. Of course it very well would have depended on your behavior /reaction to it as to how I would have possibly reacted as well. Not being there it leaves it up to spectulation on my part.

If the RO thought nothing of it or, thought they saw you actually squeeze it off they wouldn't offer a reshoot.

Of course it's all in the books now and you know now to ask for a resolution from equipment failure wether it be from the range equipment or your own.

As an Armorer I too would have gone with replacing the trigger bar and firing pin. Seems to be a wear issue and your gun wasn't getting the correct engagement between the two.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of the match and it sounds like you're on your way to the top. Look forward to meeting you at another event. Thanks for visiting ours!

I forgot to mention, GSSF is very liberal with re-shoots. Always inform the RO if you see something not right with your stage set up or if you have equipment issues. GSSF wants you to have an enjoyable time on the range with the best results within their guidelines.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  19. Melissa5

Melissa5

So, I emailed GSSF about my score discrepancy. The problem was on the 3rd target on Glock'M. I didn't notice it when I signed the sheet, but my hits/misses for that target added up to 8 instead of 6. I had 2 (A+B), 3 (D), and 3 (misses). I can only assume that they ruled in my favor and marked the misses as 1. :dunno:

20. SARDG

SARDG

Strange... but if you are not 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, the view never changes. :supergrin:

Or put another way... it's better to have good luck, than good skill in a GSSF match. Perfect skill will only get you one gun whereas luck is at least randomly (and often more) rewarding. :faint:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011