close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Changing my address with GSSF

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by rtr, Sep 10, 2002.

1. rtr

rtr Glockaholic

I called 770-432-1202, ext 223 and left a message telling GSSF that my address had changed and I wanted to make sure they got the new one (wasn't sure if i gave it to them when i joined recently), my GSSF membership stuff in fact was shipped to the old addres, I asked for, but did not receive confirmation of my phone message, and I am expecting an award from the GSSF match and I want it to come to my new address, I also don't want to waste more of their time, should I be confident that my address was changed in their system or should I call again?

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I can see where you would be concerned. :) I don't think you're likely to get a phone call returned right now with two matches to score and post this week. A prudent course of action would be to fax them your updated address along with your membership number. That should take care of it.

3. rtr

rtr Glockaholic

Thanks for the suggestion FireGlock. On another note I see that many of you are part of "Team Sidearmor", I presume this is a loosely organized team of GSSF shooters, what do I have to do to get on the team?:)

4. Fireglock

DannyR and Patricia from Sidearmor make the call. Basically we need to be down a shooter, and you need to be a consistant A class shooter, preferably near the top. A pleasant demeanor helps as well. ;f Send DannyR an e-mail and he can give you the particulars.

5. rtr

rtr Glockaholic

Well I'm definitely not an A class shooter (yet!:), so I'll work on my performance before I ask.

6. Fireglock

GSSF is fairly easy to practice for. The stages stay the same and are not complex. We work on one stage each time we go to the range. It works. Some D-1s and a timer are helpful as well. :)

7. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

"Basically we need to be down a shooter, and you need to be a consistant A class shooter, preferably near the top.";G ;G ;d

8. Fireglock

9. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Okay Tom & Jerry;
    Be nice to your elders. I feel bad enough after my performance at Statesville.;C

10. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

RTR,

I do not consider us to be loosely organized. I have 21 shooters that I draw from. All are "A" class shooters or "Master" shooters. All are also active GlockTalkers. I maintain a spreadsheet on the individual scores of Team Members. I also track the scores of future members. We have a lot of fun before, during and after the matches, but when on the line, we shoot to win. I will be adding no more members this season, but there is always a chance next year.

11. PHARAOH

PHARAOH Guest

rtr
    I shot my very first GSSF match at Statesville,NC and found it was one of the best experiances I have ever had shooting. I have been shooting Cowboy action for a number of years and Team Sidearmor folks DEJ/Fl, Don at PC, Fireglock,Danny R.,and every other team member I had the great pleasure to meet at the match made my first GSSF match something I will never forget. DEJ/FL and Don at PC, have been working with me at our local range here in Florida. Making me pratice for the match just like is was for real. Then I traveled with DEJ/FL,Don at PC,and Unclebob to the match and every one of the Team Sidearmor members made me feel like I was family and been shooting with them all my life. (just like in my cowboy shooting). The folks of Team Sidearmor helped me with any problem I was having. Loosely Organized they are not! Coach Danny R. makes sure every shooter and equipment is ready for the task at hand. Talk about shooting to win!;I These folks take it very serious. Just look at Fireglocks preformance at Statesville. (way to go Jerry) My hope is I keep shooting and getting better and maybe, maybe some day be able to shoot like DEJ/FL and Fireglock.

Pete

12. rtr

rtr Glockaholic

I obviously assumed incorrectly, I sit corrected. My comment wasn't meant as some sort of insult or anything, obviously I hope that I can be as good as these guys one day as well, they certainly are willing to help people out, hopefully I can use that knowledge to improve.

13. PHARAOH

PHARAOH Guest

Never crossed my mind. What I was saying is this group of friends/shooters will give you the shirt off their back if needed. I never ment for my reply to sound like I took it as a insult or anything else. ;Q Just trying to say what a great bunch of shooter they all are.

Pete