close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Changing a Glock .40 S&W to a .357 SIG

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Subman, Jul 11, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Subman

Subman

I'm interested in buying an extra barrel in .357 SIG for my Glock 27 (.40 S&W). I understand these two barrels can be interchanged, hence it seems I'd almost be getting two guns (.40 and .357) for the price of one.

However, I saw the following posted somewhere and was wondering if there was any truth to it:

"When Glock introduced the .357 Sig several years ago, I tried one out and purchased one for my duty weapon. The dealer at the supply store told me that Glock had tried a conversion to convert .40 S&W Glocks to .357 Sig and that there was a problem with the .357 Sig round wrecking the .40 frames after not very many rounds. Thus, Glock beefed up the frames on the .357 Sigs in order to correct this problem, and thus did not recommend converting any Glock .40 to .357. I don't know how true this is, but it's food for thought."

I don't want to damage my Glock 27 at all, so I thought I'd see what you all had to say before I shelled out the money for the extra barrel.

2. EOD3

EOD3

I’ve never heard of anyone having a problem, and I can’t think of any good reason for there to be a problem either. The recoil of the .357 isn’t a lot different than the .40.

3. 0100010

0100010 Millennium Member

Only true for the original .40 framed Glocks, after a certain serial number, the .40 and 357 frames are identical. I currently don't remember what the starting serial number is though for the .40's.

4. ydnar

ydnar Senior Member

If you have a gen 3 you're good to go. If older receiver look into the info above regarding when the .40 receiver was upgraded.

:cool: