close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Changes in G21SF frame

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wdan, May 26, 2012.

1. wdan

wdan

Just purchased a new May 2012 G21SF to go with my Oct. 2009 G21SF. I like to have pairs. Looking at them side by side, I noticed a couple of differences. The 09 has the patent stamp on the right side and no lanyard hole and the 2012 is just the opposite. No patent, but a lanyard hole and then there is the differences in barrel chamber hood markings, but I know about that. Glock is getting as fickle as S&W in the 1990's when it comes to design changes!

2. gen2tegboi

gen2tegboi

are you talking about a recently manufactured gen3 21sf? or the gen4 21 that looks and feels like an sf model without the back straps?

3. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The separate versions of a Gen3 G21SF frame, those with and without a lanyard hole, have been around for quite awhile. You can Google threads at Glock Talk from mid-2010 and read posts of people reporting their G21SF pistol has a lanyard hole and others reporting their G21SF doesn't have the lanyard hole. For all I know, the two versions may have existed from the beginning in 2007 when the G21SF was introduced. The same variation exists in the G20SF 10mm pistols.

There doesn't appear to be any way somebody outside Glock can know by serial number alone which version they will get. It requires a visual inspection to know for sure.