close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

change your rsa for the target loads

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DocWills, Aug 16, 2012.

1. DocWills

DocWills

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I use factory RSA's in all my competition Glocks. No need to change.

3. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

If the slide is consistently locking back on last round with target loads, what's a lighter spring gonna do? The gun is fully cycling

4. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

My factory RSA's function 100% even with some ridiculously light loads I purposely put together trying to induce function problems. Only thing that happened was the gun went bang,bang,Bang,couldn't get it to do anything other than it's intended purpose,Perfectly. SJ 40

5. sciolist

sciolist

Ideally, the spring is just powerful enough to allow the slide to reach its apex. If the gun is over-sprung, the slide comes forward with excessive force and the muzzle dives more than necessary - hence the desire to balance spring and load.

If you have the ability to interchange springs, you can observe this by locking the slide back, putting the gun on target dry, releasing the slide and observing how the sights return. Try it with an OE spring, one a couple notches lighter, and one at the lightest end of the reliable spectrum.

If you don’t like it, don’t use it, but there’s no reason to suffer with a hyper-active match gun.

6. DocWills

DocWills

Stay stock where you can, however the ridiculous number of ejection threads fail to address the spring properly.

If your firing ammo and getting hit a lighter spring will move the brass away from your gun.

Factory is 17 pounds as i recall but the new double is likely more than that.

Full weight or one up from that is best for a defense gun.

Most of the 9mm Glocks are range guns and unlikely to be seriously used Setting up for soft ball and returning to stock for defense loads will stop the brass to the face babble from less stoic shooters.

Police shooters or serious gun toters should stay stock unless it bothers you then try it.

Walter Wolff has likely forgot more about springs than most of us know.

All of you folks that think BTF is an issue, its not but this is what i know. Change the spring if you want to move brass away from the gun.:supergrin:

A strong spring also shortens the ejection cycle which is why the brass is close to the gun.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012