Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will there ever come a day that us law-abiding American citizens can buy a new GLOCK 18 here in America???

It's a shame they weren't imported until after the 1986 ban took effect. With one Supreme Court ruling to serve as a rally cry, what are the odds that another legal team will take up the fight to overturn the 1986, 1968, 1934 gun bans?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Heller is just the beginning. It's not perfect but it lays the groundwork for all future litigation.

That said, if we try to go too far too fast, we'll lose important ground gained.

The first step is incorporation (making it apply to the states under the 14th Amendment). Then pick and choose specific cases that we can win hands down... and slowly build up to GCA reform. We lost our rights over decades and won't get them back in less time - more reason to do whatever necessary to keep Saint O out of office...

The re-education of the liberal elite establishment won't happen overnight - but it can happen if we're careful and plan our moves using our brains, not emotions.

Howard

·
Registered
406 Posts
While I'd like to see the NFA and FOPA disappear (I don't remember the 68 ban), but like HPJ said, we have to go slowly. Chip them away. There are still crazy gun owners who think that autos, suppressors, ect should be illegal (mostly hunters) because you can't hunt with them. We need to get gun owners on the same page, then we can start working on the anti's.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Glock 18??? Why is it always Glock 18??? Out of all the guns on the market, you got to ask for the most useless one right next to Cobray M11?
It's purely for the "cool" factor. :cool::upeyes::whistling:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Probably because it would be one of the cheapest new full auto guns you could buy and would be one of the most common. I mean, how many people have a 9mm Glock? I'm guessing almost all of those people would buy a G18 if it were legal and easier to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.