close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Change in North Carolina LE distributor?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by KDH3, Jan 22, 2010.

1. KDH3

KDH3 Go Gators!

Hello all,
    I am a new member to GSSF as well as GT and I am looking forward to getting involved in the future. I was about to make my discounted purchase of my 1st Glock (G27) and noticed that my NC local LE distributor changed from Arrington Police Supply in Greensboro, NC to OMB Guns in Lenexa, KS. :brickwall:

I would assume at this point that I am relegated to having it transferred to an FFL dealer here in NC. Is this now the most current info? Am I missing another option?

Thank You for the help guys

2. Tarowah

Tarowah

Powers Firearms on Jane Street in Greensboro is a LE distributor, they charge $425 instead of the $398 though.

I was in there yesterday and they didnt have much in stock, 2 G26's a G19 and a G20 or 21 dont remember which.

Powers Firearms
    2304 Jane Street
    Greensboro, NC 27407-4206
    (336) 294-4994

3. KDH3

KDH3 Go Gators!

Do they honor the GSSF discount? (sorry for not making myself clear on that point)

nice pics of Guilford Mill btw!

4. pmj

pmj

KDH3,

Check with Lawmen's Safety Supply in Raleigh (919.779.6141). They also have a store in Columbia, SC and listed as a Glock LE distributor (for SC) on the GSSF website.

I've been a customer at the Raleigh store for years and always pleased with their service. It's worth a try!

Ask for Andrew or Josh.

Regards,
    Phil

5. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

I got my buddy to join GSSF, partly to get the discount certificate. He called Arrington's in November.... apparently the ownership had changed recently.

They told him he had to order the gun and wait 6 weeks? He ended up just paying retail elsewhere. Apparently... they aren't "cooperating" with GSSF. I wasn't aware of this change to GSSF's list... I'm kinda bummed too.

OMB is fine, just means you're going to have to pay a $25 FFL fee, still cheaper than most retail stores. Aggravating though that we don't have a "cooperating" distributor here.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  6. KDH3

KDH3 Go Gators!

Thanks for all the help guys!

7. ncstatefan

ncstatefan

I am in the same boat that your are. I was planning on drving to Greensboro but found out that they are no longer the LE Store. I have called GSSF and they said the only other option is to have it transferred to a local FFL. I called Ed's public saftey in Atlanta and they were very helpful. They can process your GSSF application, order the gun and send it to a local store for $15 Shipping. I hope to order my g17 this week. I have called several store here and they charge anywhere from 40-60 transfer fee. All in all you end up saving about $50.

8. Tarowah

Tarowah

Yes Powers will accept the GSSF cert but they will charge you $425 not the $398, give them a call and ask them and see what they say to be sure but I get the LE discount so I dont need the cert.

Thanks KDH3 I am still learning how to use a DSLR and I get to shoot it more lol.

9. BigDaddyK

BigDaddyK

Since you are in goldsboro, you can try eds gun shop, or rays gun shop here in newport. I know they honor LE pricing so you could call and ask about GSSF pricing. You can google either and find their numbers. Goldsboro is only an hour and a half from here I think.

10. gsotec

gsotec

I understand that Ken's Gunshop in Madison NC will be taking over as the NC LE rep for Glock. Allen there is a fine guy to deal with and the news was supposed to be released at the SHOT show a couple of weeks ago.

11. jdwatson

jdwatson

I hope it's true, that would be great. NC has *got* to have a LE Glock dealer, we're too close to GA not to. heh!

12. nostradumass

nostradumass Toten a 36

Lawmens in Charlotte 398 up to 45s and 10mm

13. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Do you need to be an LEO for this price?

I'm not aware of them accepting the GSSF certificate for GSSF members.

14. Tailhunter

Tailhunter Glockman

No Thanks .....

15. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

That deal Tarowah mentioned is pretty much going to be *the* deal after April.... so get used to it. That $425 is more than the $398 deal.... but with there not being a cooperating dealer around anyway.... add the FFL fee to the $398 and you're at the same price.

Plus $425 is a LOT better than the $550 and UP prices around Charlotte. Ridiculous.

16. Tailhunter

Tailhunter Glockman

Prices here are 489 ... so when you add in the cost of joining GSSF, it's a wash.

buy them where you want to .....