close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Change in GSSF policy or random one off

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by glockchemist, Jul 30, 2012.

1. glockchemist

glockchemist

On Saturday I won the raffle for the free glock in the indoor competition. Rather than the normal certificate that is given to the winner the GSSF instead sent a gen 3 glock 17 as the prize. I am curious if this has happened anywhere else or if this is how the gssf is going to be doing the raffle gun from now on? I am hoping that glock will allow me to trade it for a 26 since the only gun I own is a gen 4 g17 and I really not a fan of the gen 3 glock 17. If not I sell it.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The host range has the option of receiving a certificate or a pistol. Your host chose the pistol. Simple as that. My range always opts for the certificate.

3. glockchemist

glockchemist

fair enough thanks for the info. The owner made it sound as if it happened without his input but I can see the advantages of being able to hand a gun to a winner rather than the winner waiting for a gun.

4. glockchemist

glockchemist

any comment on if you think they will allow the trade or not?

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Any trade would be between you and the dealer. If the dealer does not select an option when the contract is submitted, the default prize is a pistol selected by GSSF.

6. glockchemist

glockchemist

ok thanks for the info

7. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Around here, they don't give certificates either, but instead a pistol.
    That's one thing I'm not crazy about regarding the indoor matches.... but having said that, they're still fun to shoot.

I imagine that if you list it on a gun forum for sale in your area, you could get $450 if not more for it. Use that to buy the gun you want.

When I'm looking to sale stuff, there's a different, local forum that is excellent for people who you can meet face to face. Not ship stuff, or get FFL involved, etc. My buddy has sold 2-3 guns that way, another has bought/sold some that way. I sold a pair of those glasses with the built in camera? I had won those in a random drawing at a USPSA match. I would have kept them, but I wear prescriptions... so no go for me.

8. glockchemist

glockchemist

if it comes down to selling it my first plan is to trade it and some cash for a Smith and Wesson M&P AR15 the range has for 699

9. SARDG

SARDG

Is that new?

10. glockchemist

glockchemist

yes the AR would be brand new. I am pretty sure its the sport model and I have been impressed by the reviews its gotten some say its the best budget AR you can buy.

11. kyglockshooter 2.0

kyglockshooter 2.0

what caliber is the rifle chambered? my dad purchased the s&w m&p 15-22. which is a .22 and it is one of the most fun guns i have shot. Its also ammo cost effective

12. glockchemist

glockchemist