close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Change In GSSF Pistol Purchase Program

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Feb 8, 2010.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The pistol purchase program as we know it ends today, Monday February 8, 2010, and you MUST redeem your certificates by April 1, 2010. This includes certificates that GSSF is mailing out today. Use them or loose them, it's that simple.

Now the good news is, despite frequent complaints from GlockTalk members, GSSF is continuing the program with slightly different rules. GSSF is expanding the dealer base to include some non LE Dealers. Since these dealers cannot purchase pistols under the LE Program, GSSF member price is going to increase by about $25.00 to $30.00 per pistol--still one fantastic deal. GSSF cannot provide a dealer list, but when you receive your new certificate you should call Glock, Inc. (not GSSF) in order to find a participating dealer nearest to you. Starting tomorrow, GSSF will mail these new certificates to members requesting them--if it's time for one to request a new certificate.

Finally, this notice is not a challenge for a debate here . The pistol purchase program is a privilege and should be appreciated by all. As in the past, pistol purchase certificates are non-transferable.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  2. tbyron

tbyron

Small price to pay for some added convenience. Especially for those who didn't have a Glock LEO dealer near them. Even with the increase in price, it's still less than what some Glocks go for around Minnesota.

3. BuffaloXJ

BuffaloXJ

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to use my cert in the next couple of weeks.

Just out of curiosity though, is there a reason for the change or does the new method make things easier for them?

4. DannyR

The change makes it easier for GSSF members to purchase a pistol locally. Reason for the price increase is that non-LE dealers have to pay more for their Glocks.

5. BuffaloXJ

BuffaloXJ

Interesting. Thanks for the information! Someone might want to update the sticky about this as well

6. mogunr

mogunr

If an individual is still getting the pistol from a LE distributor will the price be the same or will that also be increased?

7. Jon_R

Jon_R

I have a great LE dealer right down the street from me. I assume if I go there after Apr 2nd I will pay the new price? They should not sell me a blue label correct?

8. das9mm26

das9mm26

Done!! Thanks, Danny!!:supergrin:

9. DannyR

Jon,

If you do not use an existing certificate before April 2, it will become void and you will have to wait for a new certificate. Existing LE Dealers listed should honor the old certificates and prices thereon until April 2, 2010. If you receive a new certificate before then, purchase will be at the new listed price.

10. DougC

DougC

many thanks for the information sir.

11. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

just to clarify for those of who are new to the gssf - so when I get my cert it will be void after 04/2010 - will I be able to get a replacement cert for the ones that expire. Reason I ask is that I joined for a family membership but was not wanting to use the certs until mid year (3 certs and looking to get my oldest into the sport). If this has been covered elsewhere I appologize because I could not find the information.

thank you for any assistance you can offer.

12. YogiBearFan

YogiBearFan

So, if I was just billet last week for my membership, will I get the "new" certificate or the "old" one?

I don't want to call and tie up the line when folks are trying to get their work done.

13. Dingus

Dingus

I am guessing that if you have an older certificate that perhaps you can send it back for a newer certificate at the higher price.

14. WDEagle

WDEagle

Danny,

How will this apply to the Armorer's Course Certificates?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  15. rabbivj

rabbivj

I requested my cert on the 28th of jan, will that still be under the old program or new program? i emailed GSSF to confirm that they received my request.

16. DannyR

The Certified Armorer's pistol purchase program is totally independent and in no way related to the GSSF pistol purchase program.

One will have to wait and see which certificate one receives in the mail.

17. WDEagle

WDEagle

Thanks.

18. roch

roch

Glad to see they are still keeping the program. When I used my cert last year I had to have it shipped from out of state. Hopefully with the new dealers there will be one close by so I can pick it up and still pay what I paid last time with the shipping included.

19. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

It should be emphasized that this change is not being made because GSSF members bit the hand that fed them or anything like that. :supergrin:

The primary weakness of the old program was the very few Glock law enforcement dealers. Often, a GSSF member wanting to take advantage of the program did not have one within hundreds of miles. To take advantage of the lower gun price a member might have to travel so far that the price of the gasoline burned would offset the money saved.

The change is intended to make use of certain subdistributors. As has been mentioned, there are a LOT more of these SDs around than there are LE dealers. The SDs have to obtain their guns at a higher price than the LE dealers. Therefore they have to charge more. It is hoped that the slight increase in price will be offset by the greater and easier availability that should result.

Time will tell. :cool:

20. Tailhunter

Tailhunter Glockman

It was just too good to last ..... :crying: