Chandra Levy Murder Trial - Whu'supwitdat?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by user, Oct 27, 2010.

1. user

user VaLegalDefense

I smell a conspiracy!

All of the "testimony" I've heard about from all the newsfaces involves information that is not evidence of a crime, and should not have been admitted. Not one shred of information relating either to the alleged crime or identifying the defendant as the perpetrator. Nothing. Two days of what happened in other crimes and what the deceased woman's parents thought about it.

It made me wonder, does that guy have a lawyer? Or, as I know happens from time to time (but I have sense enough to know not to talk about how, specifically I know, so don't bother to ask), he has a court-appointed "tame" lawyer whose purpose is to provide the illusion of due process while actually making sure the defendant comes out as the guilty party. Didn't anyone object to all that crap as inadmissible? Is the judge just a bump on a log? What's going on?

Then I heard one thing that cleared it up for me. The cop investigating the murder was in Levy's house and found her computer was still on. He looked at it briefly and then it "occured to him that he needed a search warrant to investigate the computer further", so he simply turned the computer off without shutting down the operating system. He came back the next day with a search warrant and other cops and turned on the computer, but the operating system was totally and irreparably fried, purportedly due to his "mistake" in shutting the power off without having first shut down the o/s.

What a load of crap! First, no search warrant would have been required, and the cop ought to have known that, because the Constitutional provision only applies to "persons". A corpse is not a "person" and has no rights to protect. Secondly, shutting off the power no longer fries operating systems. If she was using an early (like twenty to twenty-five years ago) version of Windows 3.1 or OS/2, ok, I'd buy that story. But the worst that could have happened is that the operating system would come up with a message that says it has to clean up a bit because it wasn't properly shut down before. The browser history showing that the woman had been interested in Rock Creek Park would probably have been intact. And, besides, if the system had been totally and irreparably fried, how'd they ever find out about that? They're using this story to say that she'd been investigating R.C.Pk., and if they'd only have known, they've have investigated in the right place. If they were going to lie about it, they should have just kept quiet about the computer, or said that they had no way of knowing. An elaborate lie is the hardest to make out and this one really falls flat.

Then, there was that investigation of the congressman the woman had worked for. There never had been any evidence that he was involved, and the cops were relentless in pursuing him, to the exclusion of all other investigatory directions. Why is that?

It seems pretty clear to me that this defendant is a patsy. The woman was killed by either a cop or someone working for "An Agency of the United States". Either her boss was close to something they didn't want him to know, or she was, or either of them was already on to something. Maybe they were working on some kind of investigation together, and she'd found out too much. Either way, they got rid of both of 'em pretty effectively, and now they're conducting what has all the earmarks of a bogus trial.

By the way, before you get the idea that I'm a total flake, I'll point out that I am a licensed and practicing trial lawyer and a former software engineer. I may be a flake, but at least I have an idea what I'm talking about.

2. ExxoticOne

ExxoticOne

Your use of "Whu'supwitdat" gave me no reason to take you cerebrally.

3. AltiDude

AltiDude

"I may be a flake...."

Point accepted

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  4. Psychman

Psychman NRA Patriot Life Member

You are a trial lawyer??

5. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

So, do the police need a search warrant to dig thru the telephone of a suspect? And yes, this will be made relevant to the thread shortly, if our intrepid lawyer cares to answer.

Also, regarding your computer experience - perhaps you can enlighten me as to why my HP laptop failed and refuses to restart after the power cord was removed from it when one of my dogs tripped over it? Or, why I've had to use a boot cd on my desktop (running windows xp sp2) when it was shut off and turned on improperly.

Not a software engineer, nor am I a member of the bar. But, I did stay in a Holiday Inn one time...and keep up with the latest legal updates in criminal law. I'm guessing as an admitted trial lawyer (which, btw, is the type most responsible for our current state of sue happy legal system), I'm betting you don't follow criminal law too much.

Contrary to popular belief, the mere possession of a bar membership doesn't automatically grant all knowing powers to attorneys...no matter how hard they try to pretend otherwise. If that WERE the case, I would not have had to explain to a lawyer that running radar at night without lights on, while parked on the side of the road, was NOT entrapment. You'd think law school would have covered such a basic premise. Oh, and the lawyer in question is a practicing family law attorney who happens to be my sister. Point being, lawyers don't know it all....but they pretend they do oft times.

6. Santa CruZin

Santa CruZin Searching

I thought I read somewhere that the defendant admitted the crime at one point. :dunno:

7. wprebeck

On a seperate note- its likely a good thing your real name isn't posted on here. I'd happily report you to your state bar association and see if you could be disbarred for failing to report such a gross violation of legal ethics as you described in your initial post. You are to blame for the guy be railroaded as much as anyone actively involved, due to your failure to act. So much for that higher standard that officers of the court are supposed to hold themselves to, right?

8. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Are you related to the defendant?

You don't find it odd that Ingmar Guandique assaulted two other women in the same area that Levy's body was found?

Nahh its got to be conspiracy. The Egyptians could not have built the pyramids and Oswald could not have been a good shot :upeyes:

9. CAcop

CAcop

He said he was a trial lawyer. He didn't say what kind of trial lawyer.

10. wprebeck

My understanding is that labeling of specific legal practices is as follows:

Criminal- criminal defense
    tax - duh..
    corporate- deals with the myraid of issues concerning large corporations
    Family - divorces, child custody, dv issues, etc
    Trial- tort law, like malpractice, product liability, even personal injury cases

I could be wrong, though. In any case, I know that lawyers are supposed to report misconduct they have knowledge of, provided it doesn't violate their client's privileged information.

11. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Just do not care.
    :wavey::supergrin:

12. Texas Rebel

Texas Rebel Member

Holy ****!
    Was it CIA,NSA,FBI or a local LEO?
    :wow::supergrin::supergrin::wow::rofl::rofl:

13. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Don't be crazy. It happened in a park. It was obviously US Fish and Wildlife. :whistling:

14. Texas Rebel

Texas Rebel Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

15. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Come on now. There have been over one million rapes by illegals in the past ten years in the US. Do you actually think this scumball did not do it!?? Of course he did it. The greatest desire to all men is a "White woman".:whistling: He did it and killed her. No conspiracy but the system is broken at all levels.

16. paul45

paul45

You are so right! "Ignorant" comes to mind...........:whistling:

17. fwm

fwm

At the time of that investigation, it was a missing person investigation. The body wasn't found until, what, a year later. So all caution with personal property needed to be taken.

From being involved in the murder trial of my wife's aunt and uncle, there was only one piece of information brought up in the trial linking the murderer to the crime scene, and that was hearsay (although it was allowed as it was an utterance of the dying aunt on the phone to her mother). There was plenty of other evidence that made it clear that this was the correct culprit, but due to technicalities here and there, couldn't be brought up in front of the jury. From experience I can tell you that most of the trial is conducted behind the scenes with the lawyers and judge. The 'ineffective' lawyer may have used up all their pull in getting several pieces of evidence thrown out, knowing the guilt of the accused but limiting the amount of damages done in front of the jury to be able to get a less than maximum sentence.

Unless you've been there, don't be so quick to cal BS on the processes.

18. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

About the computer, the term disingenuous comes to mind. Hell, even if we assume dumping the power made the drive unbootable you could recover the files. I could, anyway, and I don't even have a CSI franchise.

19. MarkG

MarkG

Perhaps he was tailoring his writing style to his likely audience. :whistling:

Crap. I guess that include me. :tongueout:

20. MarkG

MarkG

^This