Chances of holding the Senate

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Csv, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

Complete nonsense. And no, I didn't hear anything about this and I highly doubt this actually happened.

California registered 330,000 NEW Democrats this year alone. And you think those Republicans lost because ballots were stuffed in a closet?

That is 9/11-levels of Conspiracy right there.

I lived in Washington for 25 years, and not once did I hear about ballots going missing, nor did I once ever have a problem getting my ballot by mail or turning it in at a ballot box.

I'm not saying it NEVER happens, but I AM saying that it's more Conspiracy than fact.

2. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Here’s an article from the notoriously right-wing NY Times about the problems going on right now...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...consin-election-absentee-coronavirus.amp.html

Funny how it’s the Dem run states pushing so hard for vote by mail amidst this chaos.

Totally a coincidence. I’m sure no Democrat politician has any ulterior motives whatsoever.

3. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

This was an isolated incident in large part due to a pandemic and poor planning by officials. This is not a Left-wing conspiracy. Get over it.

The Left does enough for us to have to worry about without having to make up nonsense like this.

ocjackel and czsmithGT like this.
  4. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Isolated incident? 5 seconds on google says otherwise:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/covid-19-vote-by-mail-ballot-counted-election/

Isolated to 46 states according to the USPS:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...a-8051-d5f887d73381_story.html?outputType=amp

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/13/8897...nds-of-mail-in-ballots-rejected-for-tardiness

I just grabbed a couple links from liberal sources at random. Even they say mail in voting is a **** show.

As far as conspiracies go...

I already pointed out no conspiracy is required.

A rule change here. A corrupt individual postal worker there. A person who votes twice over there.

The cumulative effect of thousands of such instances, unaware of and uncoordinated with each other, is MORE than enough to turn the election when the margins are this close.

Bish1309 and Officer's Match like this.
  5. IvanVic

IvanVic

You sound woefully unaware of the fact that it was a widely accepted fact that mail-in voting dramatically increases the odds of voter fraud, prior to this election. You have the internet. Use it.

6. TeaDub

TeaDub

I believe that BOTH of the current GA GOP senate seats are in play to be flipped. Not a sure thing but the dems are running pretty smart campaigns and apparently the money is flowing freely.

7. Bus007

Bus007

The cali transplants have changed Arizona, they are like monkeys, what they don’t crap on they destroy.

8. lbm

lbm

This thread is depressing! Sure hope this doesn't happen.

We have been donating every month since late last year. Hope it helps.
    lbm

Bish1309 likes this.
  9. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

Biden’s campaign, in part, is designed to distract from the Democrat’s designs on the Senate. That is what they really expect to win. The Dems will take the Senate, keep the House and impeach Trump & Pence.

10. grumpy1

grumpy1

While the democrats may win the senate they still will not be able to impeach President Trump if he is re elected again because in the senate 67 votes are needed to do that.

NoJoy likes this.
  11. scattershot

scattershot

“And this mail-in-ballot paranoia nonsense needs to be dropped. I don't want to hear this excuse if Trump loses, or the GOP loses the Senate. We get ballots in the mail, and we still have to drop them off at a ballot box“

Not so. You can MAIL the ballot in, just drop it in the mailbox.

12. G17Jake

G17Jake

It looks like Joni Ernst is in a tight race in Iowa. Her opponent would fit right in with the rest of the Democrats.

13. thewitt

thewitt

I really don't understand people.

"Mail-in voting is just like absentee voting." No, it's not.
    "You still have to drop off your ballot at the voting booth." No, you don't.
    "Every ballot is compared against the voter registration card." No, they are not.

I don't think many people really understand how absentee ballots work, and how these unsolicited mail in ballots work.

When a state says they will count all ballots for two weeks following the close of the election, this is for no reason other than to throw the election...

Be very afraid. The left is going to try to steal the Senate and the White House.

NoJoy likes this.
  14. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

All the cheery news.

Consider factors this year.

Increase the Trump and down ticket Republican vote

The supreme court nomination and vote will bring out the best behavior of the democrats just like the Kavanaugh nomination.

Covid will not be their big attack on President Trump any more.

Demorcrat approved riots this year and covid lock downs in states with democrat govenor states. Bring in more Trump votes.

Higher percent of rank and file democrats vote for Trump.

Higher percent of Un-affilated / Independent vote for Trump.

Democrats voter spoil their ballot because they can't figure out the rules.

Trump voters vote in person / ealy voting thereby votes will count.

With high enough turnout even vote fraud will fail.

Trump live rallies.

What do the democrats have?

MSM

Vote by mail fraud.

Extended deadline in some democrat ( with democrat govenor) run states.

Joe in his basement. Due to decline. Stay out of public but blame due to covid.

Perhaps cancel the the presidental debate.
    Still lose lose deal.

Platform
    Run on:
    Ban guns
    Increase tax
    Pack the Supreme court
    Defund the police
    Ban fossil fuels.

Biggest factor is vote fraud.

Next is MSM

Facebook Google banning opposition.

Be sure to vote Trump and straight ticket republican.

MAGA

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Squid1 and NoJoy like this.
  15. Squid1

Squid1

Why no discussion about the realities of Trump winning or losing? If Trump wins then 4 more years of citizen oriented actions.
    BUT “Plan B” is Trump loses and stays politically active even to the extent of forming a third American political party.
    What about the massive value of Trump 2024 on the new independent party ticket. Perhaps the new “American Independent Party” or “The Trump Independent Party” aka: “TRIP” or “TIP? (Heh!).
    Four unencumbered years (2021-2024) to point out all the errors, tax increases, social failures, massive Gov control and deaths caused by president Harris, including possible impeachment charges based on Biden’s ‘planned’ resignation? Much as I like Pence, he could be promised Secretary of State to clear Trumps VP candidate to be a DNA-appropriate female VP candidate.
    What say you?

16. The Father

The Father

McSally seems destined to lose in AZ
    However I surmise Republican will take back Alabama Senate seat.
    All other should stay status quo. So still 53-47

17. Prh555

Prh555

Vote for every republican and we are good. We need a complete Supreme Court to deal with post elections crap.

18. reniram

reniram

Have mail in ballots "discovered" after an election ever resulted in a republican winning after a democrat had apparently won on election day?

19. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

you are correct, my bad

20. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Ha! I'd bet they don't know, either! :( From seeing our betters (congress) in action I can only think that you don't really have to be smart to be in congress. Lucky? Yes. Smart? Doesn't look like it.