close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chance to buy a Gen 2 Glock 30 any issues with these

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1990shadow, Mar 17, 2012.

1. 1990shadow

1990shadow

A man at work has a Gen 2 G30 for sale for $400.00. he will bring it Monday for me to have a look, From what he has told me I am sure that's its a Gen 2 ( no light rail and no finger grooves ).
    Did the Gen 2 30's have any issue's? I do not need to spend $400.00 on a fixer upper.

thanks

2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Can't say I've ever even seen a Gen 2 G30. Interesting.

3. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

I had one like you describe but don't remember what Gen. they called it then. It was one of the first to hit the GunShop in my area but I don't remember the year. It was a soft shooter, accurate and dependable, I just went to all .40s is why its gone.

4. Big Time

Big Time Senior User

All the ones I seen and fired,the spent round would eject right to the forehead.:rofl::rofl:JUST KIDDING, no,all are good in my book.

5. cole

cole Millennium Member

That's news to me, I've not seen one and my Google-fu is weak. Post pics if you get it. I very much like my Gen2.5 G30.

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

There is no such thing as a Gen2 G30. If it has no finger grooves, then they were removed.

The G29 and G30 were introduced to the world at the 1997 Shot Show, and began showing up on dealer shelves in May. My May 1997 G30 had finger grooves. The front rail was added somewhere around 2007.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  7. trekgod3

trekgod3 Quad-Glocker

Check the serial to see if it starts with an "E".
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287557
    Mine did, but I got it for only $300

2002 Frame Upgrade – Rear slide rail

The GLOCK Corporation has identified a problem with a very small percentage of GLOCK pistols produced between September of 2001 and May of 2002. The specific problem that has been identified is the potential of breaking a rear frame rail in pistols manufactured during this time period. Within the specific range the breakage rate has been less than 0.0188%. So, while the actual percentage of rails reported broken is within any accepted manufacturing tolerance, it is not an acceptable situation to the GLOCK Corporation. It is also important to note that under most conditions GLOCK pistols will continue to function with three rails. A routine maintenance check after each time the pistol has been taken out and used would immediately indicate if there is a problem.

We are, therefore, concerned that a limited number of customers will not get the product we have promised them and what we have always delivered, the very best pistol on the market, in short, a GLOCK.

For these reasons, we have made the decision that in the interest of customer service, replacement frames will be offered to anyone who has a firearm in this range and decides to take advantage of this offer. The replacement frames will have identical serial numbers to our customer's original firearm except the numeral 1 will be added as a prefix. If you believe your firearm is within this range, please call 1-866-225-4098 to take advantage of the ultimate in customer service.

Nothing less than the best for our customers is acceptable to GLOCK and, as always, we will continue to work towards Perfection.

It appears that only serial numbers starting with "E", "GSSF", or "USA" (American Hero’s Commemoratives) are affected. In general, the chronological serial number set that has the prefix letters of "EKA" through "EVR" inclusive appear to be the affected Glocks, regardless of caliber. Three letters precede three numbers on a plate forward of the trigger guard on the underside of the polymer frame. However, some aberrations to this generalization have been reported by GTers. Reports are that the affected Glocks were manufactured from September 2001 to May 2002. So if you bought (or won a GSSF Glock) an "E" or "USA" series Glock in September of 2001 up until the present day, you might have an affected Glock. Unfortunately, Glock has not published a list. Hope this helps, but again, if you are responsible enough to own a gun and can read this, you are smart enough to check for yourself by calling Glock.

8. voyager4520

voyager4520

The only issue I can think of is that early .45ACP models had the 4256 trigger bar. You might experience some light primer strikes with that trigger bar, Glock upgraded the trigger bar to 4256-1 which has a longer sear tab to pull the firing pin back further to ensure a better primer strike.

The current trigger bar for G30's is the 4256-1-, but the regular 4256-1 should work fine.

9. cole

cole Millennium Member

Yep: Think I need a 4256-1- Trigger Bar (Glock 30)