Chalk one up for the Good Guys

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by nbk9fmr, Mar 8, 2010.

1. nbk9fmr

nbk9fmr

This is perfect I was wondering if they would charge him. Never bring a bat to a gun fight.

hxxp://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Driver-cited-in-road-rage-shooting/QwvTmIxO4ESr8-vy6Ew0-Q.cspx

2. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

I dunno need more facts... I wasn't there. I'm not saying its right or wrong.

I do however know a man who lost his entire family due to a dumbass driver so... maybe it was him with the baseball bat...

I also have seen people jump out of vehicles with baseball bats... and nothing happened except words...

I have also been accosted by crappy drivers who thought they were in the right because I wasn't doing 65mph in a 35mph zone... in this situation I will shoot the guy with the bat because obviously he has no reguard for anyones safety when you drive like an *** and then decide to enforce your crappy/dangerous driving with a weapon I will more than likely kill you because I'm sure the person attacking me would probably have already been arrested for some type of assault in the past...

I'll settle for my 100% clean driving/Criminal record to help me in court.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

Yeah, not a lot of detail in that reporting for sure.

It's been deemed justifiable, so I would hope that the driver was not in a position to just drive away from the threat, which just sounds like property damage due to the lack of additional details. I would bet good money though that the bat didn't come into play without any words or gestures being exchanged (escalation.. ). Justifiable, apparently. Avoidable? Probably.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  4. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

In these road rage incident I think some people get "gun muscles" and decide to stay and fight where they may have otherwise have just put the car into reverse.

I saw a youtube video of a guy explaining how his CCW "saved" him. It was a similar incident. He was out on a country road, got into some kind of kerfuffle with the other driver. The other driver comes to a stop in the road and gets out and starts walking towards the guy's car. The youtube narrator decides to pull out his pistol and point it out the window and is proud of himself that he "defused" the situation that way.

Maybe he did, but by his own admission hes in a car in the middle of a wide open road facing an unarmed man. At this point he was in NO danger, he could have simply poped it in reverse and driven off. Sure some toughguys think they should never back down, but I don't consider that to be a responsible use of a weapon. IMO opinion it should only be a last resort when people are cornered or have no option to flee.

5. FlaChef

FlaChef Steyroid

Unfortunately we will likely never know.
    Maybe the shooter was boxed in at a light, maybe not.
    Maybe the bat wielding hothead was about to swing at/through the drivers window, maybe not.
    Maybe there was a way out, but stand your ground law makes it a justifiable shoot when there might have been a path out, maybe not.

Unless someone like Ayoob or other writer who dissects incidents gets a hold of it and gets the meat and dissects it for an article there is just not enough from the drive by media.