close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chaffing issue with hoster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Mike2, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Mike2

Mike2

Have run into a little problem with my Cross breed super tuck. I am kindof a thin fellow 6'3" 190lbs and CC daily. My CBST has done really well up until a few months ago, I've lost a little weight and now it irritates the skin on my hip to the point where I'd rather not strap on in the mournings but I don't have a choice right now. I have tried a couple of different foam sheets with spray adhesive to the holster which does good for a few weeks but then more irritation. Is there a product such as a silicon sheet that can be glued to the back of the holster to make it more tolerable? I already where a Tshirt underneath my dress shirt between the holster and my skin and along with the other padding it helps a little but still getting pressure areas developing on my hip. Any suggestions or guidance would be much appreciated.

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

Do you wear it with the pistol just behind the forward point of your hip bone?

I don't have a super tuck but the competing product is the Comp-Tac M-Tac holster. About the only physical difference is the Comp-Tac has some extra leather on the back. Someone with a superbreed correct me if I am wrong. I only have the M-Tac but if it is correct you may benefit from the M-Tac. I am close to the same dimensions as you 6'3" but 205. I don't wear the under shirt just jeans or shorts and a t-shirt or polo with the M-Tac.

[​IMG]

3. Jon_R

Jon_R

One more question. What belt are you wearing with it?

4. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

You might try some Under Armour type shorts-they tend to let every thing slide around in a VERY comfortable fashion-Lycra works well also
    I have a pair of REAL SILK shorts that are just AWESOME for CC comfort,a bit spendy though:whistling:
    What kind of belt are you running?
    If all else fails-some 2-5 mm neoprene might help

As a whole I try to avoid cotton between me and my holster-they tend to get traction to your skin and chafe

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  5. TarzanT

TarzanT

Have you tried moleskin? It's worked for me when I had a leather holster that was about the chafe me raw...

6. docmark777

docmark777

At what position are you wearing it?

7. Mike2

Mike2

3 oclock
    yes, but it does not provide enough padding, I feel that it is the pressure from the holster that is causing the problem, almost like a pressure sore if you are familiar with wound care.

The double thickness pistol belt made by the guys who make the CBST
    Just behind the iliac crest, the pressure area also occurs in the same spot on the other hip because of the belt itself, I actually have a small sore that stays there and just kinda stays irritated, I have to stop wearing for a few days to let it heal and then it just comes right back when I start wearing again, makes me want to go to a shoulder rig instead my hip rig, will try some under armer shorts or some type of lycra underwear to see if this might help, thanks for all the ideas and input.

8. docmark777

docmark777

This is not normal and is most likely a medical anomaly on your part--not an issue with the holster.

I would talk with your Dr and ask him to think about diabetes, protein, vitamin C, or zinc deficiency or rather strange connective tissue disorders. If he doesn't find anything, see a dermatologist.

In the mean time, try carrying at 4 to 4:30--it will cause less friction that 3 o-clock and less pressure than appendix carry.

9. kda

kda NRA Life Member

I had the same discomfort ... just had to move the holster back to 4:30ish and the problem went away. The front clip on my CBST is now centered over the front half of my jeans watch pocket ...that should give you an idea where my CBST became comfortable. Just that small relocation made an incredible difference.

That and my Beltman belt.

Also consider a spare magazine carrier and a loaded spare magazine to wear on your other side. The Glock magazine carrier for under $10 works great for me and even that relatively little bit of weight on the other side of my body changed how every thing carried and felt on my body.

10. Jim S.

Jim S.

The home fix it stores such as Menards or Home Depot sell sheets of felt that are sticky on one side and very soft on the other.
    Hopefully you haven't ruined it with spray adhesives already.
    Try the felt. Try Cocoa Butter or Aloe on your skin at night when you hit the rack.