close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CF--check out this improvement!

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by DBradD, Dec 3, 2006.

1. DBradD

DBradD

CalJack:

Check out my improvement. I think this stuff really works.

In May, I could do about 4-5 pull-ups and that was it. Follow-up sets were sets of 2,3, etc. Probably couldn't do 20 dead hang pull-ups total. Today, I did Lynne (5 rounds of bodyweight BP and pull-ups for reps, 2.5-3 min between sets). I'm about 182-184, so did 185 BP. Rounds went as follows:

BP Dead hang pull-ups
    12 10
    12 10
    12 10
    12 10
    13 10

That's one whale of an improvement! I think this stuff really works. I think my other exercises show similar improvement. I'm pretty much completely convinced at this point.

2. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Excellent! So you didn't go for the Crossfit Total today? I was really disappointed in my total, nowhere to go but up!

3. DBradD

DBradD

That's a good attitude. Just think how demoralizing it will be when it's HARD to break those PRs! So far, I've gotten massive encouragement each time I've done a WoD the second time. That can only last so long.

I didn't do the total. I haven't done enough low rep squats and deadlifts to safely lift any heavy weights, IMO. I decided to do Lynne for the second time instead. Dang, sounds dirty just typing that!! :rofl:

4. DBradD

DBradD

Monday 061204
    For time:
    50 Box jump, 24 inch box
    50 Jumping pull-ups
    50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
    Walking Lunge, 50 steps
    50 Knees to elbows
    50 Push press, 45 pounds
    50 Back extensions
    50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
    50 Burpees
    50 Double unders

How's that for impractical? My gym doesn't have several of those and I'd have to walk all over creation between the ones that it does. I'll be picking another Girl WoD for tomorrow... Oh well, the WoD is freely provided and I'm free to do something else!

5. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Brad,

As an alternate, perhaps you could sub one of the WODs from Jesse Woody's American Parkour site.......... http://www.americanparkour.com/content/category/12/37/249/

Don't know if you've visited that site, but the WODs there are usually equipment friendly.

I'll have to sub for back extensions and wall ball, and of course scale way back on some.

6. DBradD

DBradD

Thank you very much. Of course, I'll have to study their website to pick some. I've been reading about parkour some lately and that sounds like some pretty cool stuff.