close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CF 400m fest

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by DBradD, Jan 2, 2007.

1. DBradD

DBradD

CalJack-

Having fun with all those 400m runs? Haven't read anything from you in a while.

Man, they do know how to make a series of WoD demoralizing. If I run any more any time soon, I think I'm going to fall apart! I even subbed 3x800m a few days ago, so my legs are about to go on strike.

DBD

2. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

It's the things like this that make me think the WoDs aren't random. Today, my fastest 400 was slower than my slowest yesterday. My heart wasn't really in it. I even subbed clean and press for the thrusters.

How's your back?

3. DBradD

DBradD

Maybe so--maybe some experiment using the comments. 400m two days in a row is sadistic. Doesn't surprise me that anybody's times today would be slower. I didn't do yesterday's WoD, but I did 3x800m the day before yesterday, so I was in miserable shape too.

Subbed clean & press--seems like that would make it a lot harder workout. I think that would certainly be a larger power output unless you're power cleaning, then I'm not sure. Either way, that would wear me out a lot worse than thrusters.

Back's doing ok. I have no pain or tightness now while just sitting or standing, but it felt strange during the last two workouts. I think it's because the problem muscle is attached to my ribs and I'm huffing and puffing during the MetCon workouts. My biggest unknown going forward is how to deal with the ME days that involve back.

I did some pushups today and had no shoulder pain. Still popping and snapping a lot more than usual, but for all I know that might be permanent. I'd kill to do some pull-ups and HSPU at this point! I'm really hoping to be totally operational by the end of next week.

4. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Yeah, I wimped out, power clean it was. Should have done full cleans but was feeling lazy. At least I got some work in.

5. DBradD

DBradD

One thing I've read about lately is the idea of cutting back to a half-effort week every 4th week and taking an entire week off every 12th week. I'm considering heading this route after I get cranked back up. If you're feeling worn out, then you might consider that too.