Cessna-over-DC thread..

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Skyhook, May 15, 2005.

1. Skyhook

Skyhook

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4245107#post4245107

Seen this?

Well, let's get to work and solve this incursion into DC RESTRICTED air space, ok?

My proposal is to encircle DC with about two hunnert Blackhawks each carrying a full compliment of anti-air missles (how many is that??) and have at least fifty of them sitting pad-ready, rotors turning, crews at red-alert. If anything whatever comes anywhere near Hillary or Schumer, I want those missles LAUNCHED!

Got it???

2. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

My guess is, that they did not "downed" this C152, because how much explosives could you get into a C152 with two people in it?

3. Stephen Zalewsk

Stephen Zalewsk

They should have shot it down. They wouldn't have any problme shooting me down if I violated thier airspace, just because my A/C is much bigger (Holds more idiots). I believe it would have sent a very strong message. Now everyone knows they can get that close.

4. Skyhook

Skyhook

"..Now everyone knows they can get that close."

Well, they know that could have been done
    then, anyhow.

(Not that I'd expect any big differences today..)

5. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

I think they should get rid of the restricted airspace. The airliners going into and out of DC are a far greater threat than a GA plane. Remember when that kid in Miami flew a 172 into an office tower? Nobody but the people on that floor knew he hit. All this Homeland Security stuff is just window dressing for the sheeple.

The pilot has no excuse for busting the restricted space, and has lost his certificate.

6. CaptainOveur

CaptainOveur

I think they would have shot it down if it started descending towards the white house, it came "within 3 miles", but air traffic controllers (and anyone with a radar like the military) can tell IF it it's flightpath will intersect the white house, and if it is descending. So luckily there are still humans out there making common sense decisions.

On the other hand, those pilots were morons. According to their account, the instructor pilot never even took the controls from the student pilot during the incident. The flight instructor is also responsible for the penetration of restricted airspace. The student pilot shouldn't have any action against him, but they should take the flight instructor's certificates (and they have).

7. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

I think that they should pass a law that everyone who lives at the edge of the restricted airspace has to paint their roof magenta.

8. Skyhook

Skyhook

Well, that'd probably guarantee a new word for their vocabularies.

Magenta ;)

9. Exile

Exile

I would have thought a holdall or flight bag packed with a military type explosive would make quite a bang. It's probably more likely to happen in Europe, particularly over here as it's dead easy to fly a light aircraft into a vulnerable area without fear of interception.