close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Certificates?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Texas_XD, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Texas_XD

Texas_XD

Morning, folks! I've been toying with the idea about joining GSSF and enjoying the Am. Civilian class. I think I understand how things work, sorta, except for the prizes. So here comes the questions! :upeyes:I saw others mention certificates in other posts and was curious how are these used and just what info is on them? Do I just take them to a local dealer and trade for an in-stock pistol, send them to Glock and they ship it to him, then transfer it to me, etc? Does the certificate list MY info, name addy, etc. on it? My "local" dealer (26 miles away is "local") is a finicky old fellow and a bit narrow minded in his ways. Like when I buy/sell/trade privately, if the package comes in and DOESN'T have my name under his store name he may decide to refuse it, claiming he doesn't know who for/what it is! (even tho I always call him and let him know what's coming!:shocked: ) Sorry if this seems silly, I just hate standing around with a :freak: look on my face! Thanks for any assistance in my quest to NOT look stupid at an event! :supergrin:

Trace

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

If you win a certificate (with your name on it), all the ordering information is contained thereon. You enclosed a copy of your dealers FFL with an original signature and send it to GSSF for processing. Glock will ship your pistol to your attention at your dealer. Your dealer should call you when your pistol has arrived. Communication with your dealer is important.

3. Texas_XD

Texas_XD

Kewl.. I suspected as much but it's nice to verify things! Thanks for the answer DannyR!