close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cerakote, a year later. Would you still do it?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by FPNunes, Jul 17, 2012.

1. FPNunes

FPNunes

Thinking about getting another 19 and having front cocking serrations added thus requiring some refinishing. I have fallen in love with the silver/pewter slide and black frame combo and wanted to see how your cerakoted glocks (or other firearms) have held up to daily carry and frequent use?

If you wouldn't take the cerakote path, what else have you had great success with?

Thanks!

2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Check out the CCR refinished 34 that belongs to carbonfly. That finish will hold up longer than a cerakote I think.

3. Genin

Genin 19k & 11b

I love OD green and have an OD cerakoted slide. It has lasted very well with EDC and many many holstering and unholsterings in kydex holsters. There is only some wear on the finish on the front edges and sides, similar to what I've seen with my Glock OEM finish. I'd say it's very durable and I like that you can get any color you want in cerakote.

4. MikeSantor

MikeSantor

Remember, Just like any paint the finish is only as durable as the prep that is put into it.

Why I say this is make sure you have a reputable person apply the cerakote. Someone qualified by NIC would be even better. I have seen some guys on the internet that look like a big reputable shop but they were really doing it out of their garage and did not go through any of the steps to properly clean the metal before applying the cerakote.

I have had well over 300 things cerakoted and I can tell you it is the most durable finish I have ever used.

5. SuperSport

SuperSport

Great suggestion - thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm heavily debating getting my gen 2 g19 & shotty cerakoted by a local guy that is according to his site NIC trained. Just need to finalize a color scheme.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  6. tango44

tango44

+1 on the OD Green!