Center Console Question

Discussion in 'Illinois Glockers' Club' started by SIUC4, Jan 26, 2010.

1. 05FLHT

05FLHT

Hopefully, post incorporation they will come around. They took an oath to the Constitution and the people, not cronies and political hacks. Another big win would be with Brady in the Governors mansion (looks like Dillard is ready to concede). If Monken was not replaced outright, I think he certainly would now be in favor of right to carry legislation.

2. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated Lifetime Member

And very few police unions in the Chicago suburbs will endorse concealed carry.

3. 05FLHT

05FLHT

We'll see where the chips fall post McDonald. Who knows, by then the climate in IL may resemble WI with everybody looking to all of a sudden make a deal. There is a pro Second Amendment movement sweeping the Nation right now, which has for some reason been entirely ignored by IL (Chicago) media. The closer we get to a McDonald ruling, the harder it will be keep it out of the spotlight.

4. 05FLHT

05FLHT

They can still be pro-police and anti-crime, they just need to realize there does not need to be an us vs. them mentality. If they really feel everybody is better off unarmed, then they can take away off duty carry and fight to repeal LEOSA.

I really don't see an immediate jump to "constitutional" carry in IL, although if the legislature keeps pushing back you never know. I think all involved would be a lot more comfortable setting up a "shall" issue licensing process, with fingerprints, background checks and minimum training requirement. Linking ones permit to the drivers license also would not be a bad idea.

I really don't think a lot of people would have a problem making some of these "concessions," to see carry legislation in IL. This is why all parties need to come together, from the beginning, to make sure everyone has their say in the matter.

5. volsbear

Madigan will NEVER ---- I repeat NEVER ---- call a CCW bill for a vote.

6. 05FLHT

05FLHT

Like I said, they (Madigan and his ilk) think they hold the upper hand, and at this point they do. I do not think that post McDonald it is going to mean that much anymore (my opinion). If this attitude keeps up, it will be a very small corner that they will have painted themselves into (again, my opinion).

The olive branch is a regulated "shall" issue permitting system. Require fingerprinting, minimum training and run a background check. Otherwise, call the bluff, wait for the court challenges to come and end up with "Constitutional" carry (no permit required).

Madigan controls the IL House, he is not God.

7. volsbear

Fingerprinting, background checks, and training are a good idea anyway.

And it'll take MANY more court challenges past a McDonald victory to paint the libs into a corner. McDonald will settle a very isolated issue that is completely unrelated to CCW. But every victory counts.

8. 05FLHT

05FLHT

Not this again...:wavey:

My bet is the challenge is filed the day after the ruling in McDonald. The challenge I am referring to is IL's ban on the bearing of arms (open/concealed carry). If I'm wrong you win. If I'm right, you win. :wavey:

9. volsbear

I'm all for win-win propositions.

But cases are generally two years behind each other, as was the case with Heller (2008) and McDonald (2010). We need to speed this up. I'm already 36 and I want to CCW in IL before I die LOL

10. 05FLHT

05FLHT

I'm a step behind you at 32 and agree 110%.

11. SIUC4

SIUC4 Glockness

I am 23 and I will be surprised if there will ever be CC in IL, unless we can give Chicago to WI or something?

12. 05FLHT

05FLHT

WI doesn't want Chicago. I think the plan is either to wait for Chicago to sink into the lake, or find a way to float it up to Canada.

13. SIUC4

SIUC4 Glockness

FLOAT IT UP TO CANADA! Hell that is a genius idea never even though about that one yet...

14. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Lifetime Member Millennium Member

I'm all for any of these ideas, as well as putting up a wall around it with jagged glass and electrified barbed wired along the top and a minefield. (Sorry Volsbear, but you're living in a bad "neighborhood" being from anywhere in NE Illinois...)

15. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Lifetime Member Millennium Member

OK, Rick, here ya go:

I'm guilty of being too short-winded in my above answer. Normally, people complain that I'm too long winded (including you!), so I tried to shorten it up, and in so doing, I created an error. I didn't respond earlier, because I don't like taking the time to answer something when someone else has, and 05FLT did so, immediately under your last post.

You are running the risk of getting your information from a summary by someone else, as well. Here, let's cut and paste the entire UUW statute for everyone to read, look at and interpret themselves (I've bolded the pertinent section about them being broken down or inaccessible or in a non-functioning state):

16. volsbear

I'm a good 40 miles southwest of the city in a republican-controlled county. I'm good.

17. rwk

rwk

Well I only took the good parts
    OLD Young buddy

on or about his person except when on his land or in his own abode or fixed place of business any pistol, revolver, stun gun or taser or other firearm, except that this subsection (a) (4) does not apply to or affect transportation of weapons that meet one of the following conditions:
    (i) are broken down in a non‑functioning state;

or
    (ii) are not immediately accessible; or
    (iii) are unloaded and enclosed in a case,

firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container by a person who has been issued a currently valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card; or

This is what is clear to me

(i) are broken down in a non‑functioning state;

or
    (ii) are not immediately accessible; or
    (iii) are unloaded and enclosed in a case,

So in a case on your seat next to you will be OK
    if it is unloaded in your truck or what ever

vaya con Dios

18. 05FLHT

05FLHT

Just make sure whatever your "case" or "transporting container" is, it is designed to house a firearm. That is the only way you will comply with the Wildlife Code.

If your "transporting" to be "six seconds from safety," I'd personally only use a commercially made container designed to house a firearm (Original Tommy Gun Pack, Maxpedition Versipack or similar. That is of course, is only my opinion. This is a choice you would need to research and preferably consult a competent attorney on.

19. rwk

rwk

This was in one of my earlier post

20. 05FLHT

05FLHT

I've got a Wilderness 5 Stitch Instructor belt that I love. To transport, I prefer a Maxpedition Versi Pack. Honestly, with all the storage I don't know how I used to walk around 15lbs lighter. It holds my phone, first aid kit, flashlight, hand sanitizer, multi-tool and some diapers and wipes for my littlest one.