close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

cellphone theft modus operandi

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by arnoldb74, Sep 24, 2006.

1. arnoldb74

arnoldb74

Hi group! Just thought I'd share with you guys what just happened to my wife last friday.

A little backround on my wife's profession: she's a professional singer/voice talent who sings for tv commercial jingles and also does a bit session backup singing for concerts.

She recieved a call from a guy who introduced himself as a talent caster for the ad agency ACE SAATCHI. He asked my wife if she's available to attend a vtr casting of models for an upcoming tv commercial. Nothing odd about this. She recieves dozens of vtr and auditions all the time. What didn't strike her was the venue of the said VTR which was to be held in max's greenhills. That was really strange because almost all major advertising agencies are in Makati area(including SAATCHI). The guy also mentioned another friend talent who will also be in that same vtr audition.

So she went. She picked up the guy infront of Hotel Nikko. They took EDSA. When they we're already in the Greenhills area, the guy asked if they can pass by Mercury Drug store to buy a nicotine patch for Cesar Montano,(guy claims Cesar is directing this certain ad). The guy came back to the car, and they entered a multi-level parking. As they were about to park, the guy went down the car to assist my wife in parking. When my wife went down the car, she noticed that the was already about 20 steps away. This was the only time she suspected something. She looked in her car only to find that her cellphone was missing! And the guy was nowhere to be found. Also there was no meeting or VTR at MAX's!

We tried calling that other talent who was suppose to be in that same VTR. We found out that her cellphone was also stolen, in the same manner! A guy posing as a talent scout.
    And it goes deeper. A few other talent friends in the music industry also fell victim to this modus operandi. This includes a manager of a very famous band. All of the victims are female.

So we tried warning everybody in my wife's directory. Just this morning, another friend talent was sent a similar SMS!

A lot of lessons learned here for my wife. She has put her guard down. But I'm just thankful nothing bad happened to her. It could have been worse.

Thanks all!!

arnoldb

2. arnoldb74

arnoldb74

...while enroute from hotel nikko to greenhills, my wife and the guy was talking about the friend talent who was suppose to be present at that meeting. What my wife didn't realize was she was actually the one supplying information about that friend talent. And the guy just skillfully picks them up and just throws them back at her as if he knows her that well. That is the perfect CON!

3. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Man, that could've turned a lot worse. Does your wife normally pick up strangers in her car alone? I suggest she stops that practice and just meet with potential clients/scouts at a crowded, public area.

4. G19cPH

G19cPH

At least only the cellphone was taken..it could have been an easy target for carjack or worst kidnap for ransom..:sad:

5. toxic

toxic

+1

6. jimbullet

jimbullet

Its very dangerous. Something worse could have gone wrong. Luckily it was simply a snatching incident

7. arnoldb74

arnoldb74

I was angry when she let him in the car. The guy name dropped Cesar Montano as his cousin. We know the cesar personally and he was just a phone call away. She could have called him first and confirmed the thing. Wala nag trust agad. But she learned a lot from this event.

8. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Arnold! I-setup natin yung guy. If anyone you know gets an SMS samahan natin.

9. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Pucha, buti na lang hindi pinutukan ni Mrs. mo yung gagong yun!!! For the info of the BOG's, Mrs. Arnoldb is a helluva shooter herself...

Parang malas tayo lately ano? Ako sa ATM, now your wife...sheeesh. Too many @-holes in the world today!

10. arnoldb74

arnoldb74

My wife actually DOES NOT trust that easily. Kaya lang, the guy hit the weak spot, that, she being a workaholic! Di siya humihindi pag work.

KAISER: She actually has her PT915 IWB. But all the training will go to waste if you don't spot the danger signs.

BIKETHIEF: Yup. We've warned everyone in her phonebook about the event. Actually, while investigating the other people who fell victim to this guy, it seems its not just stealing the phone. Parang its powertrip din. A few of them had their friendster account tampered. He also uses some of his victims yahoo email accounts.

We're hoping someone will cooperate with us in case he strikes again.

11. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Don't worry bro, will help you spread the word. Ingat, and regards kay Mrs. B.

12. 9MX

9MX Rei!

this happened to my youngest bro 3 years ago, perp was chick ( a hottie i bet, or we wouldn't be able to con my brother). obvious kung ano ang weak spot :supergrin: , same MO, inside robinson's galleria naman. ang drama nung chick, wala siyang load.

arnold,

glad to know kumander is safe, its the most impt. thing.:hearts:

OT another con:

ignore those promo people who approach you at groceries. i dunno how the hell they do it, but they can sucker shoppers into purchasing home appliances with weird brands. they got my mother in law and the american uncle of my wife (separate incidents).

good thing my mother in law's classmate is one of the NBI directors, she was able to recover 80% of her money.

for both cases, it happened at pioneer center in mandaluyong. they take cash or card. sales tactic is very similar to the one employed by an insurance company very visible at malls.

13. Allegra

Allegra

You've never been swindled? :)
    I thought I was pretty smart anmd when I was swindled , I had a laugh how brilliantly I was taken for a ride

14. jimbullet

jimbullet

Syempre in business, its often hard to dictate to meet in a crowded place or what have you...We just try to limit any possibilities that a perp will get ahead of us.

Its a good thing that the wife naman was prepared in a way, at least she does carry a firearm that the perp is unaware of. In the event of something worse was being planned out, she still has the element of surprise.

15. isuzu

isuzu

If the guy was real, he would have arranged a meeting at a hotel lobby, a restaurant or even their office; and not to be picked up at some place.

Good thing, nothing happened to your wife except for a lost cellphone.

16. jayjay00

jayjay00

The guy who was a stranger requiring your wife to pick him up for a business meeting should've been suspect already. It scares me just thinking about it...

Thank God your wife is ok.

17. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

:

yes,the ones normally dressed with them neckties.the ist question they will ask you is if you have a credit card.i just ignore them.coz i don't have any.supergrin: :supergrin:

18. Allegra

Allegra

napag aralan nila personality ng pinoy, mabait
    they leave you alone kung mukang mainit ulo mo, and you have the
    "dont #$%^#$% w/ me" look on your face
    which is not hard for me to do lalo pag naalala ko yung water purifier na binili ko sa kanila

19. zij11zk

zij11zk

Good thing nothing bad happened to the wife... MRS ARNOLDB...

Hey KS... Am in BOG... Glad to know you sorted out your ATM incident...

I myself am a victim of criminal elements lately... lost my cellphone (SE K750) while riding a jeep the other week... someone picked it off my person... ALL THIS HAPPENED WHEN I GOT DISTRACTED AND LOST MY ATTENTION IN THE JEEP... LET MY GUARD DOWN...

As a rule... BE ALERT AND AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS (SITUATIONAL AWARENESS) ALWAYS...

GOOD THING THESE THINGS WE LOST CAN BE REPLACED... A LIFE CAN NOT...

20. atmarcella

atmarcella

unang gagawin ng mga to pagpasok mo sa store nila papaupuin ka sa massage chair.... ang sarap ng massage chair nila, tinawaran ko 5k ayaw bigay hahahahha