close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cell phone Carry

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ashecht, Oct 15, 2012.

1. ashecht

ashecht

will be receiving my new Iphone 5 on Nov 2nd. I currently carry my Iphone 4 in a plastic cover/belt holster on my right hip, along with an extra gun mag. This, along with my gun on my left hip. Wife wants me to get an Otterbox case for the new phone, and while some of them are fairly slim, I dont think that it will be very comfortable, trying to shove that thing in my pocket, with my extra mag hanging there. I much prefer a cheap plastic holster, even it kinda makes it look like I am wearing Batman's utility belt. How bout other folks, you put your phone in your pocket, or clipped to belt?

2. BodymoreMurderland

BodymoreMurderland

I have the Otterbox defender for my 5. It includes a belt clip. I carry my phone and and extra mag on one side, and gun on the other.

3. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

I will be getting the otterbox defender this Tuesday and it will be going into to my pocket. Did it with my iPhone 4. Only complaint I have is in jeans the pockets are too small. Which I wear 10 percent of the time. The other 90% of the time is in cargo shorts where there is more than enough room.

4. Sharkey

Sharkey

Open Carry of your IPhone just makes you a target for robbery, I'd conceal in appendix or a SOB case. :supergrin:

I have a Speck rubbery case I like a lot. It can slide in a pocket if need be but if I have jeans on, it is hard to get out.

5. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Casio G'zOne "Ravine" in a plastic holster, clipped to my belt, right side, between 2 and 3 o'clock.

6. Chesafreak

Chesafreak

I don't like anything clipped to my belt. I prefer a phone size that I can slip in my front shirt pocket or a jeans pocket. I place my spare mag in my left pants pocket and my phone in my shirt or right pants pocket.

I think that hanging an iPhone on your belt may make you a target depending on how weak of an image you project. I also just don't like looking like I am wearing a utility belt to carry everything.

7. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

My phone goes in my pocket.

8. Booker

Booker

My phone is attached to my wall, It doesn't fit in my pocket.

9. nursetim

nursetim

Lifeproof works well for me. The belt clip is extra though. With the otterbox I used to use, the belt clip came with it. BTW, don't pay the $80 for the lifeproof, amazon has it for $53, I think.

10. DreamWeaver88

DreamWeaver88 ...............

My iPhone 4s goes in my front pocket, screen to my leg.

No case.

11. captainstormy

captainstormy

Pocket most of the time. Aside from that I've been known to use a holster that has a belt clip but I clip it to my pocket instead of my belt.

12. RDW

RDW BTDT

That's the phone I have - REALLY Like It! :wavey: :wavey:

13. KG1F

KG1F

I remember those. Whe had one like that in the kitchen when I was a kid a long time ago.

14. railfancwb

railfancwb

Had an otterbox. Gave it up as a bad idea for me - got tired of picking the phone off the ground.

15. Hurricanes

Hurricanes

My 4s goes in my pocket, protected by a Magpul case in foliage green. I bought an otterbox the day after I bought the phone, but it was complete garbage. The rubber exterior was tearing away at the corners, and the flap covering the charging port wouldn't stay closed, and eventually tore off. The reason I bought an Otterbox was because the 3GS my brother gave me had one. I had taken the phone out of that case a bunch of times, sometimes even out of boredom, and it never broke. The one for my 4s was the biggest waste of money.
    -Joel

16. blastfact

blastfact

Are you kidding? I keep a old school infuse4 in my right front pocket. You need a otter box for what?

I work around steam, human butt dump. Electricity that would would kill a man faster than a death penalty. I gave up even trying to protect a cell phone when they were " book them Dano Repeaters " Much less tools of commerce and half baked intelligence.

I've seen folks bust up a cell phone every way known to man. Over the last 30 years, that has schooled me how stupid people really are. You should have seen the insane armor some thought we needed with our idiot bricks in the old days.

And yes of the only thing we fight over is the stupid cell phone. She wants to think I will answer every time she calls or txt me. The account is in her name. If it was up to me,,,, ***** it. It's a near worthless com method. In our ever changing sob'ing world. Not once have I got a clear data stream concerning a problem and a cell phone or txt. It's always a butched up mess.... Always!!!!

17. Gombey

Gombey

Gotta echo nursetim.

Love the Life Proof. I'm not upgrading until they release the case for the 5.

Had the otterbox. Life Proof is 10x better IMO.

18. marv

marv Millennium Member

Gun in pants pocket, Tracfone in shirt pocket, nothing on belt. I've tried phone holsters but they always bump or snag anything I get near.

19. Dan_ntx

Dan_ntx

iPhone 4s in weak hand front pocket...(work wear is shorts or dockers) and company issued cell phone usually in a belt holster at about 11 o'clock. If I could figure out how to forward text messages I would leave the POS phone in the desk drawer.

20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Why bother with a phone when you could just use a telegraph?