close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CDP and Glock 21

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Deaf Smith, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

Do any of you guys know if you can use a Glock 21, .45, in the CDP division? I think so, but is it a 'SA'.

Thought it would be funny if I could pick up a Glock 21, and use Glocks in all divisions except SSR (and I don't think Gaston will make a Glock revolver anytime soon.)

Thanks,

Deaf

2. DM-SC

DM-SC

You can shoot a G21 in SSP (unless you've made certain external modifications like a grip reduction) or in CDP. It would not be allowed in ESP or, of course, SSR.

3. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

DM-SC
    Is correct:

CUSTOM DEFENSIVE PISTOL DIVISION

NON-INCLUSIVE list of pistols permitted: (These are just examples of pistols that meet CUSTOM DEFENSIVE PISTOL DIVISION requirements and is NOT meant to be a definitive list of approved pistols.)

Colt Government model, Gold Cup, 1991A1, Officers Model, Springfield Armory 1911A1, Auto Ordnance 1911A1, Les Baer Premier II, Custom Carry, Prowler IV, SRP, Wilson Combat all 1911 style models except Tactical Elite, Stealth, Kimber 1911A1, Para-Ordnance P10, P12, P13, P14, Glock 21, 30, 36 EAA Witness, S&W 4506, Smith & Wesson Performance Center model 845, 45 Limited, Sig 220 and other 1911 style pistols built on aftermarket frames and slides such as Springfield Armory, Caspian, CMC, Wilson Combat, Baer, STI, SVI and Nowlin if 5" or shorter conventional bushing type standard weight barrels are used and all other stipulated criteria is met. Factory installed cone style barrels are permitted on pistols with a barrel length of 4.2” or less. NOTE: Pistols approved for SSP may also be used in ESP and CDP depending upon caliber.

http://www.idpa.com/rulebook5-2-01/rulebook_new.htm

4. Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

Very good! Course I have two Kimber .45s, but think simplicity! Glock 17 for SSP and ESP, and a Glock 21 for CDP! I now have a pair of Smith 15/67 (blue and stainless Combat Masterpieces) for SSR. Made expert with a Ruger Speed Six, but... I want master level.. all categoies. We will see. Time to go Glock hunting!

Thanks guys.

Deaf

5. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Yes you can, I shot one at the Nationals last year. Coinsidentally it is now for sale as I no longer shoot IDPA. Fully tricked out 21 with buried bomars, barsto, sweet trigger and lots more.

6. Andrew Colglazier

Andrew Colglazier 3036 Promoter

I've been shooting a G21 in CDP since just after TX state last year. I chose to shoot it instead of a 1911 for the very same reason you have stated (I shot a 17 in SSP last year).

I've been enjoying it very much!

If you are going to TX Regionals this weekend, I'll look you up and show it to you.

Andy Colglazier

7. Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

Andy,

Change of plans. My wife will go to the horse show in about 3 weeks (gone for 3 days with horse trailer and horses) and not this weekend. So, blah, I stay home this weekend.

I hope that weekend she is gone I can either qualify in Terrell or go to another club to shoot. I'll have to drop by and shoot your clubs match next month and check out your Glock.

Deaf

8. Andrew Colglazier

Too bad you won't make it! :-(

You plan to come to Cross Timbers IDPA? ;A Or TDSA? We just sent in the paperwork to IDPA HQ to make CTIDPA officially an IDPA club, should be hearing back from them soon.... come on out and shoot with us, we'd be glad to have you!

Andy C.

9. kend

kend

Get a 400 Cor-Bon barrel for it and you can also shoot ESP.

10. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

*QUOTE*
    Get a 400 Cor-Bon barrel for it and you can also shoot ESP.

No you can't.

11. Andrew Colglazier

ENHANCED SERVICE PISTOL DIVISION

Handguns permitted for ENHANCED SERVICE PISTOL division must be Single Action or selective SA/DA and be of 9mm (9x19), (9x21), (9x23), .38 Super, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, .41 AE, 10mm Norma, .400 Cor-Bon and meet the following criteria:

Pistol including empty magazine must fit in a box measuring 8 3/4" x 6" x 1 5/8" and have a maximum unloaded weight of 43 oz. To reduce cost and provide a level playing field for all pistols permitted, the maximum number of rounds that may be loaded in a magazine is ten (10).

NON-INCLUSIVE list of pistols permitted: (These are just examples of pistols that meet ENHANCED SERVICE PISTOL DIVISION requirements and is NOT meant to be a definitive list of approved pistols.)

Browning HP, CZ-75, EAA Witness, Colt Govt., Commander, Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 31, 34, 35, H&K P7, Springfield 1911A1, Military 1911 and 1911A1, AMT Hardballer, Auto Ordnance 1911A1, STI/SVI, Para Ordnance .38 super/.40 S&W pistols, Smith & Wesson Performance Center 9mm, 356TSW & 40 Limited, PPC. NOTE: Pistols approved for SSP may also be used in ESP and CDP depending upon caliber.

INCLUSIVE list of permitted modifications: (If it's not on this list, it can't be used in Defensive Pistol competition.)

· Change of sights to another notch and post type

· Change of grips (no weighted grips)

· Internal accuracy work to include replacement of the barrel with one of factory configuration

· Internal reliability work

· Checker frontstrap and backstrap

· Checker or square and checker trigger guard

· Cosmetic checkering/serrating

· Extended thumb (may be ambidextrous) and grip safeties

· Full length guide rod manufactured of material that is no heavier than common steel

· Change of hammer and other trigger action parts to enhance trigger pull

· Beveled magazine well and add-on well extensions

· Custom finishes

Duck, do you think it wouldn't be permitted because Glock doesn't make a pistol in .400 Corbon?

I'm thinking about shooting my 10mm in ESP; why wouldn't one be allowed to shoot .400?

Thanks!

Andy C.

12. kend

kend

Yeah, why not? The only thing that keeps it out of ESP is the caliber, if you change the caliber, giddyup.

13. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

*QUOTE*·
    Internal accuracy work to include replacement of the barrel with one of factory configuration

This means you can change the barrel BUT it MUST remain the origional caliber.

14. Andrew Colglazier

I guess a quick email to Dru Robins at IDPAHQ could clear that up definitively....

Andy C.

15. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

Been there did that--contact Dru anyway, they might have changed there minds since I contacted her.

Post what you find out.

16. DM-SC

DM-SC

Dru will tell you that it isn't allowed. The reason, Glock never made a G21 in .400 Cor-bon.

We went through this with the guys who converted their .357 Sig guns to .40 S&W.

17. Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

I want all you guys to know, Andy's place, the TDSA range, is a top notch range plus the guys there are top notch shooters to! This is the range where they had the 1000 round match! While I'm not a bad shot, several of them are better (that's gonna change, I promise ya, hahahaha.)

Andy, next year I'll shoot my Glock 22, .40, in that match! 1000 rounds, ouch! Sure hope I can find that kind of ammo cheep, like my 9mm.

CTIDPA will, I have no doubt, have a bunch of the same top shooters from the TDSA range there!

Due to my deal with my 'better half', I can only shoot a match around once a month (maybe two now and then) plus a couple of practice sessions a week. So, I have to pick-n-choose carefully. I WILL be up there this spring, for sure.

Deaf

18. Andrew Colglazier

Thanks for the kind words! Just to clarify... the TDSA isn't "my" range but belongs to Len Baxley. We do have lots of very good shooters, and indeed, some of them do visit CTIDPA out west of Ft. Worth.

Deaf, I don't think anybody shot a .40 in the 1000 rd match, so that addition will be welcome! Hope you make it out to shoot with us soon!

Andy C.

19. murph2127

murph2127

That is an issue in stock service pistol but not Enhanced Service Pistol. The difference here is they do not require the gun to be of a factory configuration for ESP.

Haven't seen many .400 corbons but have seen a .40 super at an idpa match- in esp.

Ted

20. Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

Andy, I know, that is why I want to shoot the .40 Glock. 1000 rounds no cleaning!

And I was not giving kind words, those were facts.

Deaf