close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

CDNN Investments... Review of a problem with a recent order.

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by spin180, Aug 27, 2004.

1. spin180

spin180

Here's a description of my recent dealings with CDNN Investments, Inc., followed by my comments on the matter.

On Aug. 18th I place an order with CDNN for a cheap, surplus AK trigger group and two Taurus PT111 magazines. Fast forward to Aug. 21st. Order arrives via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail in a U.S.P.S. Priority Mail "bubble bag/envelope." The package was in perfect condition and did not appear to have been tampered with.

I opened the package and found that I had received the trigger group and only one of the magazines. I checked the receipt and sure enough it showed that one trigger group and two magazines had been billed to my credit card and shipped. I tried to call CDNN at this point, but as it was on a Saturday, they had already closed for the day and would not be open again until the following Monday.

On Monday, Aug. 23rd I called CDNN as soon as they opened. I spoke with Randall and told him what happened. He asked me a few questions about the package and I explained to him that it didn't appear to have been opened or tampered with before reaching my mailbox, and it bag itself was intact in good condition, i.e. no holes for something to have fallen out.

He then asked me to describe what was listed on my receipt. I told him as best I could and he went on to explain what each item, mark, number, or scribble on the receipt meant. He further stated that three separate individuals packed and inspected the order for shipping. The receipt had marks indicating that, indeed, three people had contact with the package in some fashion. In short, according to Randall, my receipt showed that 1 AK trigger group and 2 Taurus magazines had been ordered, packed, and shipped. I kindly told him again that I had only received the trigger group and one magazine.

He then reiterated that, according to the receipt, three people had packed and inspected the order and that the last of those three had inspected it, saw three items in the bubble bag, and signed off on the receipt as such. He also said that it wasn't likely that they had neglected to include the second magazine and that it must have been lost by the U.S.P.S. between their facility and my mailbox. Again I told him that the bag was not damaged whatsoever and it certainly didn't look like it had been tampered with. Randall then said that whatever the case, I ordered and paid for two magazines and that they wanted me to be happy, so a replacement magazine would be shipped to me. He asked me if I had access to a FAX machine and I stated I did and provided him with the number for one at my place of employment. He said that they would send me something to sign stating I did not receive a complete order and upon signature and return of the form, they would ship a replacement magazine.

I thanked him for his help and commented that I had ordered from CDNN several times and this was the first problem I had ever had. He responded by saying that they don't usually get complaints about non-shipment of goods, rather most complaints are for damaged or defective merchandise. With that, he apologized for the inconvenience, I thanked him again and we ended the call.

On Aug. 24th I received an affidavit via FAX from CDNN. The affidavit stated the legal ramifications of lying to and making a false representation to the U.S.P.S. and that by affixing my signature to it, I certified that I hadn't received all or part of my order and that my address would be turned over to the Postal Inspection Service for investigation. I signed and dated the affidavit and faxed it back to CDNN on Aug. 25th.

On Aug. 27th, I received the replacement magazine.

Now then...

I've always had good experiences with CDNN, never a problem until now. Randall was pleasant and helpful for the most part, but it really peeved me when he implied that it wasn't possible for one of their employees to have made a mistake in packaging my order and that it had to have went missing somewhere between Texas and N.C.

Granted, it does seem hinkey and I can understand there being concern about someone saying he/she hadn't received something that was ordered and then having to sending a replacement for it, but it really seemed that he couldn't accept that just maybe one their employees had made an error. Any rate, I let it go. As long as I got the magazine I had paid for, it wasn't worth worrying a great deal about it. ;Q

However, I came thisclose to popping a vein when I received and read that affidavit. :steamed: Turn my address over to the Postal Inspection Service for investigation??? Whatever gets you off, Scooter. ;n ;f I'd guess that may have just been an idle threat to plant some doubt in the minds of those who might actually take it upon themselves to try and defraud CDNN, but maybe I will be investigated. Either way, I think I'll hang on to the bubble bag the original order was shipped in, just for CYA purposes. Has anyone ever had an experience of being investigated by the U.S.P.S. for something of this nature?

All in all, though, I'm pleased with the end result. The folks at CDNN did their best to take care of me and make sure I was happy. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again and I would wholeheartedly recommend them to others.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and sorry for the length. I welcome your comments!

Take care. ;)

2. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Standard form, I've filled one out myself but didn't read it. I'm sure it said the same crap. Nobody from the PO is going to contact you about such a small amount. Instead of signing it you could have disputed the amount of the non received mag with your credit card company.

I had a problem with CDNN in the past and they acted quite snooty with me as well. They sell alot of surplus(junk) and think highly of it. I don't do business with anybody that doesn't have an easy return policy or charges restocking fees.

3. Dandapani

Dandapani

Don't worry about the USPS, they won't do jack! I used USPS MO to pay for a bogus eBay auction. The seller was a fraud. Ripped me a new one. I filled out all kinds of USPS forms, complaints, FBI, po-po, AG, etc. Nothing. Don't worry, be happy.

The USPS is about worthless when something goes wrong.

As long as I'm complaining... my wife sent her brother a gemstone, 1st class, Priority Mail, insured up the wazzoo. Instead of arriving in 2-3 days, it took over 30 days to get there. The PO wouldn't do ANYTHING until after the 30 days. She filed tracers (I believe she had to pay postage on the tracer filing!!!), and was threatening to file an insurance claim. They kept saying they had a "slight" problem with a particular Priority Mail shipment... The day she called and complained she was going to file an insurance claim, 30 some odd days after she sent it, the package mysteriously arrived.

When I abso-freakin-lutely need to get something someplace, the USPS is the last choice shipper. UPS, Fed-Ex, etc., are much more dependable.

4. sacluded

sacluded

I only ordered from them once and thought it was great. They sent me two shipments but only billed me once!

5. Dwweeb®¿ç

Dwweeb®¿ç ©®@©k3d M3mb3®

I ordered a springfield XD front night sight and
    an m-6 bayonet from Cdnn.Order arrived in a timely
    manner. Bayonet was in better than expected condition.
    The sight turned out to be a used sig front sight
    with a 1993 date on it.The vial was almost totally gone.
    I emailed them the next day.I talked to Randall explained
    the issue to him. He told me that these sights where supposedly rebuilt by sig.
    Ended up sending sight back for another I am still awaiting return of replacement sight.