Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...hboard-mixes-antibody-viral-testing-data.html

Their "...'dashboard' mixes data on tests for active COVID-19 infections with antibody results in baffling blunder that confuses states trying to reopen..." ?
... The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is mixing the results of coronavirus viral testing and antibody testing on a key national dashboard in a blunder that has baffled experts and confused states attempting to reopen.

The CDC's new coronavirus data dashboard includes a 'U.S. COVID Testing' tab that reports national and state-level testing data - but color=red]mixes antibody and viral testing indistinguishably in the totals.[/color]

The move has the potential to derail state reopenings by muddying a key statistic, because a declining positive rate on viral testing is one of the criteria used to relax lockdown restrictions.

Viral testing, most often conducted by nasal swabs, indicates whether a person in actively infected with coronavirus. Antibody testing indicates whether a person was previously infected and has now recovered from the virus. ...

·
Registered
31,753 Posts
States have their own dashboards. They have plenty of data and don't have to rely on the CDC. Besides, most are reopening anyway.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
I hope all these China Flu shenanigans cause us to reevaluate giving far too much power to the unelected bureaucrats in the public health departments. They should only be able to make recommendations to our elected officials. They should not have dictatorial power to destroy our economy with really no accountability to speak of.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
States have their own dashboards. They have plenty of data and don't have to rely on the CDC. Besides, most are reopening anyway.
Unfortunately, if the states blindly follow data collection and analysis guidelines from the CDC they will be making the same mistake...

Ive wondered if we are getting actual case numbers aka individual people infected or getting # of positive tests.

·
Frisky!
35,968 Posts
CDC needs more money for anti gun activities.
Duh!
:)

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At this point in time (and probably already mentioned a time 'er two), I now have have no faith in the CDC. I wouldn't take any info/thing/guidance from them, w/o a large grain of salt.

If they/it told me I was on fire, I wouldn't believe them/it - as I swatted out the flames.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I hope all these China Flu shenanigans cause us to reevaluate giving far too much power to the unelected bureaucrats in the public health departments. They should only be able to make recommendations to our elected officials. They should not have dictatorial power to destroy our economy with really no accountability to speak of.
Absolutely! Lots of conflicts of interest with all these NGOs, agencies, foundations, charities, big pharma, and the media that takes money from them. James Corbett and Amazing Polly have done some good reporting and massive conflicts of interest of the aforementioned.

·
Good looking deplorable
7,148 Posts
Just stay home. Screw America. Safety First.

And don’t forget to trust the government

·
NRA Life Member
5,388 Posts
Time to scrap the:

FBI
CDC
NSA

At Minimum... Let the Trump Team put the replacement Divisions in place.

Seems only fair.

:waving:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts