close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCW'er clearly printing/showing on range

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by mechanica, Jan 7, 2010.

1. mechanica

mechanica Texazonan.

I was at the range today; banged out 150 shots of trap in a Browning Citori, 75 rounds of 9mm, and 20 rounds of .308. Great time.

When on the pistol/rifle range, I noticed a guy a few tables down from me wearing a loose-fitting Under Armour t-shirt, and heavily printing his CCW piece. On several occasions, he bent over to grab something out of his bag, and his shirt came up over the top of his pistol. He fixed his shirt eventually, and didn't really seem to care that he was showing he was carrying. This was the first time I'd ever seen anyone so nonchalant about concealing a firearm, and it surprised me to see this even at a shooting range. The range is 'cold', so no drawing and firing from a holster is allowed. I'm always very conscientious when it comes to my pistol printing. That's not something I want to wave around. Anyone have a similar experience before?:dunno:

2. NW-Warlord

NW-Warlord

Don't the RO's carry at your range? As long as he keeps it in the holster and leaves it alone when the range is cold I don't see an issue here.

I have carried at the range before, but I was not shooting the gun I was carrying at the time.

3. Littlescroll

Littlescroll NRA Member

Yeah, it may not be the wisest decision, but I don't see anything wrong with it. Its his business if he does the same thing in other public places and the police get called. Seeing as you are at a shooting range, I'd try not to let it bother you.

4. RickD

RickD Pro-Open Curry Millennium Member

Much ado about nothing.

5. Jdog

Jdog

i dont see any problem with printing in public whether at the range or at the store. It shouldn't be a big deal if someone see's your holster or weapon as long as it's comfortable for you unless maybe your state has some weird law about it or something.

6. eXistenZ

eXistenZ Play it.

Guess I'm lucky. I don't care if I'm printing, or if the wind blows my jacket open and someone "makes" me, etc...

7. theghostrider

theghostrider

Yeah. I've seen lots of guns at the range. Some were in holsters, some weren't. even had one guy remove his carry piece and clear to show others. Even see some people shooting them off on occasion. :supergrin:

Of course, my range is a private club that is situated on a large parcel of land, and in all seriousness, it probably depends upon a lot of other factors. Is what he did actually legal in your area? Even at the range, I don't see many people's carry piece flash. I think mine doesn't flash or print just because I'm of the mindset that I don't want to practice things I don't want to do. That is of course, when I'm not practicing drawing and firing. Even if I did see someone as nonchalant as that I wouldn't think it an issue, especially at the range. We are an open carry legal state, so some people don't care if their gun becomes exposed.

Now, if it were to happen at the local pay to play shooting gallery, then it might be of concern since they might possible have rules about that sort of thing. Not that I would care since I don't get offended at the sight of a gun, just that the proprietors might.

8. FL2NV

FL2NV

I can care less if I print or expose at the range, while I am shooting.

Usually in the winter when I am wearing a jacket, I don't care what my shirt is like, unless of course I am taking my jacket off somewhere, and I don't want people to see. But at the range, I take the jacket off, and if I show, I show. We are open carry anyway.

9. grumpybutt

grumpybutt

:yawn::

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  10. grumpybutt

grumpybutt

11. Glockphobia

Glockphobia NOT!

no big deal, i sometimes wear an owb at the range and have seen others do it as well.

12. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Printing while at a range? Isn't that kind of like having a napkin stuck in your shirt while at a restaurant? Anywhere else would get odd looks, but totally appropriate there.

Of course, if you are of the "concealed carry means concealed" school, even while at a range, that's good too.

13. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

No concealed carry allowed at the ranges here.

14. Big Time

Big Time Senior User

I could care less If I print or not,I'm legal either way.:tongueout:

15. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Perhaps you should have called the police, and reported a man with a gun.
    :rofl:

16. Gallium

Gallium CLM

+ :headscratch::headscratch:

17. Jerry C

Jerry C Millennium Member

If the sight of a holstered gun scares you maybe you should stay tucked safely in your home. Don't come to southern Indiana, you'll have a heart attack for sure.

18. community

community Member

+1. you are at a range with weapons.

19. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

I wouldn't worry about it, none of your business.

I couldn't go to a "cold" - as you put it - range, or one that doesn't allow carrying of a personal defense firearm. Part of the reason I go to the range is to practice draw and fire, and mag changes. When it's time to burn up my carry ammo, I draw my carry gun out of it's holster and empty it at the range. There's a gun club less than 10 minutes from my house, but like you say it's a cold range, so I don't bother.

20. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

Honestly, the nerve of that guy!

I mean who wears a gun to a shooting range?

:rofl: