Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied to renew my CCW on July 24th. I stopped at the SO this past Monday to see if maybe someone just forgot to call and tell me it was done. SHort story is thye told me the state is 30 to 35 days behind reviewing fingerprints. Has any one else heard of this ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I applied to renew my CCW on July 24th. I stopped at the SO this past Monday to see if maybe someone just forgot to call and tell me it was done. SHort story is thye told me the state is 30 to 35 days behind reviewing fingerprints. Has any one else heard of this ?
Yes, the Sheriff's Dept. are very back logged with renewals.

As an instructor in central Ohio, many of my students go to Franklin Cty to process their applications. Prior to renewals, turn around time was generally 24 hours or less. Now, they are 3-4 weeks out.

Lesson one, if you're coming up for renewal, do not wait until you're nearly expired to go do it. You'd better do it at least a month in advanced if not 45 days prior.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand they might be a little behind, but they blamed the state for not processing fingerprints.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine and my wife's were renewed in Delaware County on July 14. They both took just one week.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally picked it up today. At least I ran into the first boss I had when I worked there and had a nice conversation.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, it was never told to me by anyone, but I put in my first-time CCW application back on August 14th and haven't gotten my phone call to let me know that it's ready.

The officer that processed my application actually told me that it should be done within a week. The office I applied at only takes applications on Tuesday/Thurs/Sat. I applied on a Tuesday and was told it would be in that Sat....but nothing yet and it's now 2 weeks later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts