close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCW Permit Renewal

Discussion in 'Mississippi Glockers' started by TheGreatGonzo, Jan 21, 2008.

1. TheGreatGonzo

TheGreatGonzo Clown Hunter

Has anyone done a renewal for your MS CCW permit? How long did it take and was it much of a pain in the butt?
    Gonzo

2. para40

para40 curmudgeon

1. yes 2. 30 to40 min. 3. no. But Troop J has always been very helpful. :wavey:

3. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Gonzo,

When I renewed my MS permit, I went to Batesville. You do all the same crap that you do for the first one (prints, pic, etc.). However, you get the new card on the spot. I spent more time waiting for the MBI agent to come print me than going through the actual procedure.

4. TheGreatGonzo

TheGreatGonzo Clown Hunter

Thanks. That is the info I really wanted. The MHP website does not explain the renewal process at all. I just wanted to know what to expect. I plan to pick up the paperwork in advance and have the forms, and the prints, ready to hand them when I walk in the door. I wonder why the bother printing you again if they are just going to issue you a new card on the spot anyway? I guess if something comes back they will just revoke it. :upeyes:
    Thanks Ox,
    Gonzo
    PS - Miss Mississippi yet?

5. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

As active duty LEO, I tried to get them to let me have my prints done at my own department, so I could save some time when I got there, but they wouldn't hear anything of it. I also asked an MBI agent personally, but he told me that while he would gladly do it, the brass would have his ***, so he had to pass. So, you may not be able to do the prints ahead of time.

They make a statement on their website about prints. It says something like, "while your prints don't change, the FBI won't check anything over 6 months old". Not sure how true that is though.

As for missing MS, yes and no. I miss the food and hospitality, but the heat and humidity can kiss my ***! I was excited to actually have a WHITE Christmas this year!!