close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCW - lightest double stack carry weight

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Tackleberry90, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Tackleberry90

Tackleberry90

So I am doing some math. I am looking to find a double stack in the lightest overall carry weight. I came up with a G26, Pearce extension, 115+p Corbon and it comes out to roughly 23.25 oz total carry weight. Any other combinations that can be thought of? I am trying to keep the ammo still a viable self defense load also.

2. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

I know im side stepping your question, but dont get too hung up on weight. Go from a 26 to 19 and the difference is just a bit more than an ounce. Of course you can and will carry more ammo in the G19 mag, which will account for most of the difference.

Once you settle on a way of carry that is comfortable for you, you will find that a few ounces more or less matter little. Between a 19 and a 26, the difference will be the printing of the grip, but im sure you'll be comfortable with both their weights.

3. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

My Glock 26 with 11 rounds of Winchester RA9115HP+ 115 +P+ weighs 27 ounces.

4. Booker

Booker

Kel Tec P11 is lighter!

5. jlavallee

jlavallee

I had a G26 but switched to a P99c AS. They are both nearly identical in weight although the Walther is a little longer in slide legnth. Everything else about the gun is superior in my opinion. Good luck finding one though.

The one thing I miss about the G26 was being able to use the GAP floorplate.