CCW IWB Uncomfortable in vehicle

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by profiler999, Jan 31, 2010.

1. profiler999

profiler999

Man it feels like I got a brick (glock 27) in my 3:30position, while sitting in a vehicle. Any ideas on how to make it better or simply take it out?

2. bm1974

bm1974

which holster are you using?
    I carry 26 with mtac in 3:30-4 position and it's not too bad.

3. kda

kda NRA Life Member

I am puzzled too. My 26 in my SuperTuck at 3:30 to 4:00 with a slight forward cant and the top of the kydex even with the top of my trouser line ... I could drive all day and forget I was carrying.

Well, I guess I can recall before I set the "cant" forward, it was a bit uncomfortable ... which is why I kept adjusting till it fit and not it really is great.

4. Agent6-3/8

Agent6-3/8

What holster are you using? Personally, comfort has never been an issue, especially once I got used to it.

5. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

A G23 in a Mtac at 3:30-4:00 with a fair amount of cant is pretty comfy to me
    What holster & belt?

6. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Besides the obvious question asked by all of what holster, there is also the questions of what kind of car, and type of seat? Those ultra sporty rap around seats on sports cars are a biotch on 3:30 carry. Of course my G30 in my Infidel are no problem whatsoever in my Super Duty!:supergrin:

7. fespo276

fespo276

I had/have that problem from time to time. I solve it by shifting forward a bit to 3:00 or 3:15. A small amount of movement seems to make all the difference.

8. SIERRA SIX

SIERRA SIX

3:00 position is golden in an elite survival systems IWB :)

9. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Driving in a car with an iwb is a pain, especially if you have a gut. :supergrin: I use Galco shoulder holsters for long driving spells. 3 o'clock is the best position for me with an iwb but it is never really forgotten about while driving.

10. rygleason

rygleason

Same here!

11. jack the toad.

jack the toad.

There's alot of variables as to comfort when it comes to IWB but my G27 in an MTAC seems ok while sitting, driving, etc.

12. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

I carry a G19 in either a Nick Mathews or a RM Lowrider while driving and never feel uncomfortable.

13. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

OWB is generally just as concealable and more comfortable than iwb. I have several excellent IWB holsters. All are less than comfortable during long periods in a vehicle.

14. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

The seats in my car have these edges that come up and push the (G27) gun into my side if I go with the 3-330 position. I use my SuperTuck and go cross draw from 9:00 position if I'm going to be in the car for more than 30 minutes. I dont like taking it out of the holster when in the car.

15. Tx-G30

Tx-G30

I have a Sig p229 in a CB right out of the box with no adjustments and I don't even notice it while wearing. :cool:

16. GREY-GHOST

GREY-GHOST

I think the seat shape itself is a bigger factor than the holster. I carry my 19 in a cb supertuck at 4. I feel it much more while driving my truck compared to my gfs car.

17. kda

kda NRA Life Member

Fair point. My SUV has bucket seats but they are not narrow or deep or tight on me. So that may be the issue as much as the holster or where one carries OWB or IWB.

18. SiGlockBoy

SiGlockBoy

I IWB a G30sf and have no issues in car when kept in the 3:30 position. The side supports on seats do push a little but never an issue. I have dunlops issue too. I use my own design holster that sits lower than most and it has been very comfortable in and out of cars daily.

Eaglefrq has a review on mine here if you search.

19. G-30Jet

G-30Jet

Yes ITP holsters can be a pain with sporty seating. I do carry in my pickup and bronco with a HBE Leatherworks ComIII 22 degree cant. It works fine on short trips.

My wife's Jeep with sport seating is another story. Can be downright painful. I usually reposition my G30 more to the 3:00 position and sit a little sideways if possible.

I don't reccomend this carry for quick draws or on long trips. I always carry a redily available backup to grab onto if things escalate.

20. docmark777

docmark777

I use MTAC or my RM lowrider--but for the car, it has to be at 4:30 with no cant to be comfy. In fact I bought the lowrider just because of the comfort when driving.