CCW IWB for Glock 30SF

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by tbarryG17, Feb 28, 2016.

1. tbarryG17

tbarryG17

I'm looking for recommendations on a new IWB for my GLOCK30SF. I currently wear it at 3:30 in a Kydex/leather cross breed variant. I've been reviewing the Winthrop IWB with clips holster. Has anyone purchased this one or have other recommendations? As always I'm looking for a holster that can support the weight of the 30SF in the most comfortable manor. Everyday wear in an office environment.

2. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

i've not experienced any issues with standard cbst & 30sf. supports weight just fine with a proper ccw-specific belt, as well as meeting other expected requirements for an iwb. same experience with cbst's for pair of medium-framed alloy sigs.

3. tbarryG17

tbarryG17

Thank you for the feedback..

4. Current Resident

Current Resident

I have a Foxx iwb for my Glock 29 10mm. Very comfortable I traveled out of state 1000 mile's each way and wore it the entire week too.
    I also carry my G27 and G17 in it too and it still provides excellent retention.
    It is the model with the single belt clip. Don't forget the proper belt for the best experience.
    Elwood

5. tbarryG17

tbarryG17

Thank you for your reply and your recommendation of the IWB. I guess I left out the fact that I do wear a proper gun belt.

6. Current Resident

Current Resident

7. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

8. MedicineBow

MedicineBow Formerly TFLWYO

I could not pick up on whether the holster needs to be tuckable or not. As you know, the 30SF is not a tiny gun. For carrying under an untucked shirt, the Milt Sparks Nexus is nice if you do not need reinforcement of the mouth. If you need reinforcement, then the Criterion. The Criterion takes up more space inside the waistband because of the thickness of the metal and leather reinforcement. Ultimately, I got rid of the Nexus because I needed the reinforcement. I use a Criterion every day for either a 30SF or 19.

Here are some reviews:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...topics/8496834/Re_Milt_Sparks_Nexus_Initial_I

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9614199/Milt_Sparks_Criterion_Initial_

9. rockchalk06

rockchalk06

I had an add for Alien Gear Holsters come across my FB feed one morning and decided to give them a shot.

The biggest feature for me was the ability to remove the shell and basically have a new holster for only 12-15 dollars more. They offer free shell trade ins for life too. Dual clips. I have the 2.0 that has the neoprene backing. I wear an Under Armor sleeve less under shirt and slacks all day. I'm not required to tuck my shirt in at work so I can conceal it very nicely with a Polo or Button up. When I do have to tuck my shirt in, it has the ability to tuck in as well. I have 3 positions of height and cant for it too.

I carry a rotation of my 30s, 26 and now my 29SF. I wear just a normal 2" black leather belt and it holds up very well. I think all together it set me back (with 2 shells) about 50 dollars. I originally had a Kahr CW45 and Shield 9 shells and was able to swap them out for free.