close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCW Carry Suggestions

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by iaminvincible., Feb 2, 2011.

1. iaminvincible.

iaminvincible.

I currently live in the wonderful state of California, and I'm seriously considering picking up a CCW license soon. My main concern is how to carry my Glock 19 at work.

My manager is one of those anti-gun individuals that we all love around here. While having a CCW will legally allow me to carry, it won't protect my job should management find out.

My main priority is to minimize any "printing" or obvious visual clues that could give me away. My work uniform consists of a tee-shirt and jeans, but I am allowed to wear clothing underneath my work shirt (ie: layer up).

To complicate matters, I work in close proximity to co-workers (we sit side by side on a bench), so I'm concerned about an accidental bump followed by the inevitable "what was that?" question...

Does anyone have any suggestions oh how to practically carry a Glock 19, minimize printing, and possibly "mask" the way the gun feels should someone bump into it. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

2. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

www.SmartCarry.com
    I carried a G19 for years in a SmartCarry groin holster. Nobody was the wiser. Once you find the sweet spot where it the gun is comfortable and hidden, you can continue working without worrying about being "made". Just make sure to use cubicles / stalls when going to the bathroom.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011

3. 2afreedom

2afreedom

First, be sure you are willing to risk your job to be able to ccw. Jobs are hard to come by. Second, I would try a smaller gun. The G19 is not ideal for situations where you really, really don't want anyone to know you have a gun. Maybe a baby Glock or J-frame revolver would work better. For me, in the waistband at one o'clock or on the ankle are the two easiest ways to carry so that no one knows.

4. glockurai

glockurai

Welcome to GT (I see its your first post). :wavey:
    I'd be concerned about violating policy and loosing my job in this economy. Having said that, you may want to look at the crossbreed supertuck, MTAC or King Tuk holsters. These IWB holsters allow you to tuck your shirt in if need be. I have the supertuck and can comfortably carry my G19 and printing is minimal or nonexistent even with a regular somewhat loose (not baggy at all) T-shirt. Not sure how to mask it though.

5. G17gen3

G17gen3

I would suggest a very large handgun, probably something that bulges at one end, like a revolver...I'm thinking a Colt Python. Stick it down the front of our pants and then if anyone asks just claim sexual harrassment.

6. Toorop

Toorop

How about just quit your job? It is your right to carry but their right to maintain a gun free zone. It saddens me to see people offering to help someone violate someone else's rights.

7. iaminvincible.

iaminvincible.

My father actually suggested that route, but I'm a little hesitant. Something about having a loaded firearm next to my two best friends scares me...

8. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

There are the dangers that you know and the dangers that you don't. Any ND can devastate the lives of others in ways you cannot predict, and none of my attempts to pull the trigger of a pistol in a SmartCarry have ever succeeded. If you're really squeamish, you could always add a Saf-T-Blok behind the trigger. If you're a southpaw, I'll be happy to send you my old one back to the US of A, just so it gets used instead of cluttering up the "gun parts you bought on a whim" box.

9. iaminvincible.

iaminvincible.

Personally, I really want to carry concealed. I was mugged about a year ago and that event has forever changed my outlook on life. While I don't dwell on all the bad things that could happen in life, I do try to take whatever precautions I can to minimize any dangers.

As for your suggestion regarding another gun, I'd love to pickup another gun or two, but I can't afford one at this time.

10. Lew-G17

Lew-G17

11. Alcoy

Alcoy

Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of good suggestions here.

From me, get a smaller gun or leave it in the car. That is if you drive to work.

12. iaminvincible.

iaminvincible.

I'm very concerned about losing my job over a CCW which is why I'm asking for advice here. So far, I leaning towards your suggestions, it looks like a deeply tucked in holster would be easiest to conceal. Just out of curiosity where do you place you holster?

13. iaminvincible.

iaminvincible.

:rofl: You really got me to laugh with that one.

14. iaminvincible.

iaminvincible.

I actually thought of something like that. The only concern I have is if the company decides to enact some "lost prevention" program and ask to look through my stuff...

15. iaminvincible.

iaminvincible.

I'll definitely get a smaller gun when I can. Nevertheless, I honestly would want to carry while at work. We can get some crazy customers from time to time. I know there has been at least one violent threat since I started working there. Not to mention the building only has one entrance (no escape route)...

Also, I don't always drive to work so leaving it in the car wouldn't really be an option.

16. Barnesrl

Barnesrl NRA Member

I also have to chime in, Is carrying concealed worth loosing your job !!!!!!!
    I would love to carry while at work but no way will I risk my job over it!

I have a G22 and a G27 and much prefer the G27 for deep concealment. The G22 can be concealed .. I use an IWB holster with a Tee shirt to keep the RTF from rubbing me raw and then a loose button front shirt tails out, to hide the butt. Gun butt not mine.

17. xe5lar0

xe5lar0

thats such an awesome idea i dont even have words to describe...LOL....you sir are possibly a genius

18. xe5lar0

xe5lar0

arent you limited to 10 rds in california? if so id move to a smaller weapon

19. xe5lar0

xe5lar0

i wear a G19 in a CTAC at about 330 or so....also consider something like a p3at or lcp in a nice leather wallet style pocket holster....if anyone catches that....they spent entirely too much time checking out your ass.....lol

20. hawgrider

hawgrider

How about a t shirt holster?

http://www.concealmentt.com/technology.html
    there are others go out and google "t shirt holster"
    I have one don't remember the company that is basically a chest band similar to belly band and it works great. My wife can't tell when she hugs me unless she tries.