Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
nothing matters
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it has been s.o.p. for me to have my glock with me even on vacations. it has been my constant companion, it was with me to mt pinatubo crater lake, plantation bay in cebu, 140ft deep below the surface somewhere in palawan, sumaguing cave in sagada, shooting the rapids in pagsanjan, skydiving over sinulog, various places all over mindanao etc etc you get the idea.

all of these were done legally and with all necessary permits in order.

but an upcoming trip to batanes has got me thinking, maybe this is one where i can leave the piece at home.

would you pack if going to batanes? permits and fees for transport are not really a consideration, ptcfor is current and the fees are a piddling compared to what fundacion is charging for the privilege of bunking with them.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The Philippines? Right? Let me get this straight you travel internationally with a handgun?
A friend of mine from college lives in Manila...He owns a company there. I don't get to talk to him much.

I know the PI's have a lot of Muslims if that is any concern? We email fairly regularly I could ask him about the safety and gun ownership if you would like?

·
nothing matters
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
philippines yes.

only international travel with guns is for ipsc matches and the PPSA takes care of shipping and handling of firearms then. the equation always applies : foreigner + gun = jail. they fly it in advance of our shooting squad. i imagine the paperwork is considerable.

i live in mindanao with the muslims, batanes will be mostly rebel and muslim free i think.

·
nothing matters
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lessons learned.

baggage is not checked thru even if connection is on same airline.

same goes for Security Removed Items (SRI), meaning you pay for every segment your pewpew flies, thankfully PR charges less than 5J. 5J does bubble wrap everything individually whereas PR just uses owner supplied pistol case.

PNP ptc logbook had very few entries. BSO has a very low crime rate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts