close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCW Advice

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by C6vetter, Aug 19, 2012.

1. C6vetter

C6vetter

Have G22 Gen 2 with trijicon night sights for bedroom defense. Have G27 talo with night sights for winter carry in crossbreed super tuck. Have Kahr CM9 I'm not sure I completely trust for pocket carry ... Had some nosedives that I've addressed, just not as reliable as Glock. Thinking about adding Ruger LCP with Buffalo Bore ammo as second pocket option. Thoughts???

2. PM720

PM720

I love my LCP and would carry it without hesitation but it takes sme dedication to get good with it. :cool:

Scott

3. PattonT

PattonT

If you buy into what Ruger says, the LCP is not compatable with high pressure ammo. I've also found Buffalo Bore ammo to be the most inaccurate ammo I've ever tested.

4. burttrans

burttrans

I pocket carry my CM9 and trust it 100%. I wear cargo shorts and have it in a Desantis pocket holster works perfect.

5. crmartin

crmartin

Ruger LCR. Light weight, plus P ammo, completely dependable.

6. mj9mm

mj9mm

do your nose dive problems occur while firing or initial loading of the chamber? i have a cm9 that performs flawlessly while firing, it took a little practice to load the chamber at first, but that being learned, it is 100% reliable.

7. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie Regular Guy

Personally, I won't trust .380 to defend myself or my wife and kids. Just my opinion. I carry a LC9 with heavy loads from time to time when deep concealment is called for. Slightly bigger, but far more powerful.

8. larson1122

larson1122

I agree the .380 wouldn't be my first choice, but the little LCP in a pocket holster sure is handy when other forms of carry aren't feasible for me. Even if you don't use carry it all that often, it is nice having it as an option when you need it. I would definitely rather carry a little pocket .380 than nothing at all if the choice were to come to that. When I got mine, I really wasn't expecting it to shoot as well as it does. It isn't the most pleasant thing in the world to shoot, but with a little practice, you can become pretty consistent with one. Only you can really decide what you feel comfortable carrying. Good luck with the decision :wavey:

9. SFla27

SFla27

For those times when even a CM/PM9 is too big, an LCP is a good option with Hornady Critical Defense rounds. Like the above poster said, the LCP isn't designed to ingest high pressure rounds.

A few initial range trips and around 100 rounds to get familiar with the trigger (long travel and the break is all the way back towards the frame). Oh, and by the way, get an aftermarket grip as the LCP can move around in your hands. I use the Talon rubber grip and it made a big difference.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  10. SVTNate

SVTNate Packers fan

I love my PM9, I just wish the trigger was less spongy and more Glock-like. Overall though, it's a great little gun.

I find that with the MTAC, I carry my G26 most of the time. It's small and light enough to conceal under most any clothing. I rarely bother with the PM9, unless I'm just really sick of having a gun in my waistband (hey, it happens sometimes!)

11. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I don't carry a .380 either but at close range they will work properly. In reality you need at least a .40 for defensive work and the .357 magnum is best. But I try to carry no more than what the local leos carry which is .40 just in case I have to shoot. But nine mm is good.

12. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

For pocket carry I am partial to my S&W 442. It goes in a front pocket or on the belt in the summer and rides nicely in a coat pocket in the winter. It's a great complement to the G26 or G19 that normally rides IWB.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

13. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

Sounds like a great idea.

14. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

A .380 is better than nothing but considering the stakes.... it's not enough.

15. barth

barth six barrels

I have two J-Frames.
    My favorite is a 11.1/13.5 oz empty/loaded S&W 342 ti 38.
    I really feel that Speer GDHP 135 gr Short Barrel +P 38 ammo
    is one of the best, if not strait up the best, snub-nose ammo available.
    http://www.speer-ammo.com/ballistics/detail.aspx?loadNo=23921
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  16. 3MagDep

3MagDep

I just put away my Walther PPKs (380) cause I felt underpowered. Went to the Glock 27 4gen and am trying to find the right holster. The 5.11 Tshirt holster is very comfortable and I am looking at other options. I have decide the.40 is the minimum i want to be defending myself or my family with.

17. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

I've ditched the Glock 26 recently in favor of a KelTec P3AT and looking at the Shield.

The smaller guns are a breeze to carry and hide. The sights leave something to be desired but you're not doing bowling pin shoots with it

18. Rick305

Rick305 ra1sales.com

My XDs has been (in my opinion) the best CCW I've ever had --

I'd pass on the .380's , they are good for backup ... but it in a high crime area i wouldn't personally feel satisfied with an lcp ..

I'd say if you can find a good price -- XD(s) .45acp , Shield , or a Glock 36

Both great guns can't go wrong .

The XDs is smaller then the shield and it's a .45acp. I recently shot a G36 and it's also awesome (just a tad bigger then the XDs , but significantly smaller then a glock 19)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

19. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

I haven't actually seen an XDS in a store yet, but I didn't know they were that small

20. larson1122

larson1122

Not really, the 36 is a little bit slimmer than the 19, but they are almost identical in size height/length wise.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18715162&postcount=60