close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCR lead times

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ashecht, Jun 16, 2012.

1. ashecht

ashecht

For those of you who have had slides refinished by CCR, how long from when you mailed it to when you got it back? Monday will be two weeks and I'm very anxious to to get it back and see it!i know they do good work and it will be worth the wait! I Clive in NC. And they are in Tn so shipping time shouldn't be long.

2. Consort

Consort

It took 17 days for them to Cera Plate two slide assemblies for me with safe return to Ohio. It will take longer if you have them install new and/or different sights.

3. Meathead9

Meathead9

I called and made an appointment so that I could be guaranteed a 10 day turnaround, but it turned out to be 31 days. Still not too bad, and well worth the wait. Their Cera-Hide house black is really nice.

4. ccr

ccr

Ashecht
    Turnaround times for CPII on slides that do not require any additional work or sights is averaged two weeks from the time we receive it till we mail it out

We received your slide on Thursday June 7th

We have never guaranteed a 10 day turnaround

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  5. diamondd2

diamondd2

They always take way longer than they advertise. Their customer service is terrible. They don't respond to emails once they have your slide/gun. Then you have to almost publicly embarass them on the Sig board for them to respond. Then they say they never got your emails, which they did. Nice work, terrible turnaround and service. Buyer beware.

6. Meathead9

Meathead9

The ad for last years summer sale said to make an appt by phone, and it would be a 10 day turnaround. So I called, made an appt, and was told that it would be a 10 day turnaround once it was received. I asked several times, and was assured it would be 10 days. That seems like a guarantee to me.

I'm extremely happy with the Cera-Hide finish, and I'll probably send more work to you in the future. It just would have been nice to have a more realistic turnaround time, which even at around 30 days is pretty darn good.

7. ccr

ccr

diamondd2
    Who are you ? It is very easy to go online under a screen name and make false accusations against a company. If you have any kind of problem with my company please contact me at 423-639-8924 or email me at service@ccrrefinishing.com

diamondd2
    If you are who I think you are your slide was refinished in 2010 and was not even refinished in CPII that the OP is having done.It was done in our Cera-Hide finish which we have never quoted a two week turnaround time on.
    Our website clearly states that turnaround time vary and may take up to 12 weeks without a confirmed prepaid reservation which my records show you did not have

8. diamondd2

diamondd2

I'm not going to use my legal name and address on a public forum board, most people don't.

They are not false accusations. It has been my experience with your company.

I was told it would take 2 weeks to get my PX4 slide turned around. It took almost 8 weeks to get it back. I contacted you multiple times VIA email about the status of my slide, but not 1 email was answered. I had to go to the Sig board and join there and ask on an open forum what the status of my slide was before I finally got an answer. Again, the work done was top notch. But as a customer I don't like to be ignored and have to chase around a company on forum boards to get a response from them.

9. Carbonfly

Carbonfly

I sent my G34 slide and barrel off on Friday with an appointment. It's scheduled to arrive at CCR on Monday. I was promised a 2 week turn around. I'm excited to see their work firsthand.

10. ashecht

ashecht

Update. Got email from Mary telling me my slide would ship beginning next week

11. silversport

silversport

I have had 3 slides done by ccr...SiG P220, P245 and a GLOCK 17 milled for an RMR...excellent jobs on all and great service...all done at different times, all returned within the 2 week time period...

my only regret was not getting another slide within a year so I could get another done for free under a special they were running...but I'll still send in more work...:wavey:

Bill

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  12. up1911fan

up1911fan

I've had great luck with CCR, they've done 2 slide's in CPII for me. Was right around the two week quote both times.

13. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

In my case I got my slide back like three weeks to the day from when I sent it. That's reasonably fast in my opinion.
    They responded to my emails, rather quickly too.

14. *Sheepdog*

*Sheepdog*

OP, I mailed my G30 slide, slide release, slide stop, and both takedown pins for their CPII treatment, from Ca on June 6th.They received it on June 8th. I'll be sure to post back as soon as I recieve it.

I've seen/heard nothing but excellent reviews for their workmanship, and can't wait to see how it turns out.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  15. cal45

cal45

I have had both a Glock slide & barrel finished in CPII and a SIG P229 frame and controls finished in their Cere-hide stainless. They met the two week turnaround on both times. I would higly recomend them.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  16. OregonXD

OregonXD

Well, I am a first time CCR customer. They currently have two P228's that I shipped them for refinishing and gunsmithing. Did I ask about the wait time? well, no..I did not, as I selected the company based on it's reputation for the gunwork I was asking to be completed...I carefully did my research, read the website, saw the 6-8 week time frame...and I was well aware that some lag time beyond that may occur...I called prior to shipping.

Am I all in a twist...? heck no, I picked them...based on the reputation of the work I would like completed.... I've sent an of email for a general update and I am basically content.

My personal opinion is...heck, they are a small business that does quality work and everyone has various issues of life that occur. Just like I am sometimes late for work, so are my employees.

I prefer quality over quantity and am pleased to support a small gun shop owner/family. :supergrin:

SO GET OVER IT! :tongueout:

PS Daddy needs his new toys, please ship my P228s home soon....lol...:faint:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

17. *Sheepdog*

*Sheepdog*

CCR shipped my items back to me today, with a delivery of Saturday (6/23). 17 days from ship to receive.