Ccl

Discussion in 'Illinois Glockers' Club' started by Mochahooligan, Oct 31, 2014.

1. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

I completed my course and submitted my application on December 20. I got fingerprinted on Monday December 21. I am just siting and waiting impatiently. I spent $31.50 to get the prints done. I figured it was worth it to expedite the process. My prints are already on file because I sold my soul a long time ago to an employer.

2. behere

behere

They say it can take as long as a month, so I wouldn't worry, Lucky you put in your application and shortly thereafter we had a number of shootings, calls for more gun control & as a consequence floods of people filing for CCW & FOID cards. So figure they are swamped right now. Not much you can do, but chill out & wait. You should get it in the next 2 weeks.Best of luck

3. VN350X10

VN350X10

costanza187,
    your old prints on file wouldn't be used. Even folks that had clearance jobs in the military had to get re-printed. Nothing personal, just the way the great state of confusion....er Illinois works. Or doesn't work as the case might be.

uncle albert

4. allamricn

allamricn

I submitted my app & fingerprints on January 4th, so I'm still guessing at least 30 days wait from the 4th. All ready though when that day comes.

5. behere

behere

In about 10 days, your going to start looking at the day's mail like a kid looking at the Xmas presents. Is that the envelope? Then one day you'll open the mail box and your Xmas present will be there. LOL

6. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

I liked to never got a FOID card... I actually logged in one day and it said status was REJECTED.

I called the number to ask what was going on and they were like, it was rejected because YOU DO NOT LIVE HERE. You have a South Dakota drivers license. I was like, uhh yea, I have an Illinois drivers license in my wallet. I told them I turned in my SD license and was issued an IL license some time ago. I read them the number off of it and they told me it was not a valid drivers license, and I needed to take it up with the SOS office. I went to the SOS and they were like yea, wow how did this happen. It took the lady behind the counter calling Springfield a couple times and about an hour later I had a valid IL drivers license. I applied for the FOID in July and I received it in November.

Unfortunately, life caused me to relocate (within the same town) I applied for my new FOID card in December... it is still "Under Review" at this point. It is a big ol' mess.

7. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

Update:

I checked online, and my FOID status has been changed to "Active" :banana:

I am one step closer!

8. behere

behere

Happy to hear abou
    Happy th hear about your FOID status. I'm always a little surprised when things work as they're supposed to.

9. VN350X10

VN350X10

Don't just sit there man....GO BUY A LOTTERY TICKET NOW !!
    If you got something to go your way dealing with IL, your Karma is perfect !

uncle albert

10. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

After a long wait... I logged into the site yet again today, my Concealed Carry License is now ACTIVE.
    :woohoo:

All of this... only to be losing it when I move to Indiana. I hear the process there is much easier thankfully.

mammie likes this.
  11. VN350X10

VN350X10

Yeah, Indiana is a bit easier than Illinois. But they're not NEAR as far in the hole as we are !

uncle albert

12. mammie

mammie

I take my class on the 13th. I plan on carrying a Glock43 IWB above my kidneys. I have wearing a variety of carrying methods around the house. Not sure which I will wear all the time, probably switch back and forth. Dene Adams Corsit or UnderTech Compression Shorts.

13. VN350X10

VN350X10

Your best bet, and what I strongly suggest to our students, is to determine what carry method is best for you & then STICK TO IT. Don't vary your method, as it can remove the instinct/muscle memory from the equasion. If you have to think where you're going to draw from, you've just added a critical 1/2 to 1 full second to your response time....not a real good thing.
    Vary your clothing to conceal, but NOT your carry position.
    This is the same reason I stress to students to carry the same firearm. Or at least the same TYPE of firearm. Don't switch from a Glock to a 1911 to a Beretta to a SiG to a revolver.
    My personal carry is a G29 in a Galco Concealable belt holster. It's been my carry system since I started working in gun shops almost 19 years ago. Same gun, same spot, same holster.
    Just my $.02 worth, but I believe it's worth considering.
    Not added to my sig line, but am also an Il concealed carry instructor since it became available.

uncle albert

mammie likes this.
  14. mammie

mammie

What I meant was, I am switching back and forth in the house as I am practicing carrying and drawing. I will make my decision by the time my license comes! Isn't it 30 days or so with fingerprints? Either way, I will be ready! Thanks for your input. All comments appreciated.

15. VN350X10

VN350X10

Very glad to help....any questions, just ask/PM
    FWIW....It's easy for me to hide my rig, as I'm about 5'9" and near 240 #. A slimmer human would probably need a smaller pistol.
    As far as your IWB holster, consider a Galco "King Tuck", a Crossbreed or one from Alien Gear. My son uses an Alien for his G27 & it's his favorite of the 3 mentioned, he's tried them all.

uncle albert

16. mammie

mammie

I am 5'2" 100 lbs. Most of my jeans and slacks do not have belt loops. I do not want to totally change my wardrobe, but I willing to change some. Men have it so easy! I want to carry on body, NOT in a purse. I see little benefit in that

17. VN350X10

VN350X10

On body carry is by far the best, a purse can be swiped so easily. My suggestion would be to find a tailor/seamstress that could add belt loops with no other alterations to your jeans or slacks. An IWB holster really needs a belt for support, but they don't need as heavy a belt as does a normal holster. This also requires fewer belt loops.
    The belt really holds the rig snugly to your body, and the pants & belt combo hold it up.
    good luck !

uncle albert

mammie likes this.
  18. mammie

mammie

Thanks for the information. A lot to think about

19. VN350X10

VN350X10

Good luck ! My wife suggested that the belt loop material match the color of the belt, making things even less obvious. She swiped my G27, which is why I now use the G29 exclusively....

uncle albert

20. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

I watched it arrive at my mailbox today, collected it immediately. :woohoo:

mammie likes this.