close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCDW Renewal Photo

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by kayakjax, Jan 12, 2010.

1. kayakjax

kayakjax

I just received my notice to renew my CCDW.
    I have no idea where to get a photo for it.
    According to the state's website, it needs to be "no smaller than 3 1/2 x 4, nor larger than 4 x 5 inches"
    A guy at the range was taking them when I took my class, but the range is now closed.
    A lot of places offer passport photos, but it's my understanding that they are only 2 x 2 inches.

Where can I get a photo the state will accept in the next month or so?

I'm in the Owensboro area, but go to E'town, Radcliff, Ft.Knox area every few weeks.

2. kymarkh

kymarkh

The Kenton County Sheriff took the photo used on my permit. That said, I know you can go to any Walgreens and get a 'passport photo' that will can be resized right there at Walgreens to work perfectly. You just have to give them the size you need.

3. kayakjax

kayakjax

Thanks, Mark!

I had heard that you COULD get it done at the sheriff's office, but I didn't want to trust that info.
    I never even considered that someplace that does Passport Photos could resize them.
    ("Doh!")

4. Mwildt

Mwildt

Fayette County Sheriff's office will also take them for you.

5. The Hawk

The Hawk

I realize you are not close to Oldham County but that is where I live and they took my picture in the Sheriff's office. I would call the local Sheriff's office and ask them.
    By the way, I was visiting some folks in Owensboro a few years ago. You sure have some pretty scenery in your part of the state.

6. freespirit34

freespirit34 BMFTSY

What are you guys thinking ... only slightly less important than rule # 1 (Don't talk to the po-po) is rule # 2 (Don't let the po-po photo you.). Just kidding. Wal-mart, Walgreens, CVS, any number of places will do it for you. I'm sure the county boys will do so also.

7. wuli959

wuli959

just buy a disposable camera & have someone take some closeups. develop the photos at the local drug store. cut to size.

8. facsec2405

facsec2405

In Woodford County we (wife and I) used passport photo's the Sheriff's office informed us that the rules have changed for size I would call the local Sheriff's office and ask

9. Berretta9

Berretta9

The sherriff office where you have to renew will do it for you. I think it's Daviess there correct ?? It's usually 5.00 for the pic

10. Conan1

Conan1

Simpson County Sheriff took my pic with a Polaroid self developing. I think it was $3.