GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
9mm Apologist
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I hope you're all enjoying our hot, hot summer. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good CCDW instructor in Lexington or the surrounding area? I would prefer someone who does a one-day format, or possibly a Friday night classroom followed by a Saturday morning range. Small classes seem to be good (so as not to necessitate an 8-hour range session). But I'm not picky...really. Lol.

Thanks!!

--Mike

·
Registered
339 Posts
I took mine at Evan's off Southland here in Lexington. We used a crumby old .22 revolver that shot .22 shorts. We were able to do the range part indoors at the store to qualify. If I remember right we wrapped it up everything up in about 6 hours on a Saturday. There was roughly 8-10 people in the class.

·
9mm Apologist
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah...I would prefer to use one of my own handguns, and I know my wife would feel lost if asked to use a gun she had never shot before.

I might be up for a drive to SDF, but then I'd really need a one-day format, especially with gas prices today. Any suggestions on a GOOD (thorough, knowlegable) instructor out that way, Beretta?

Thanks!!

·
Semper Fi
121 Posts
Brandon Ironmonger will be holding a Concealed Carry class at Blue Grass Sportsmen's League, Wilmore, on Sunday, July 22, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Concealed Carry Class July 22nd at 9:00 am. Meet in the Pointer/Setter Clubhouse behind the main clubhouse. Cost is $85.00 for non-BGSL members / $65.00 for BGSL members. Pre-registration recommended. Contact Brandon Ironmonger at 859-879-6997 or [email protected] for more information.

--Lin

·
9mm Apologist
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm doing one tomorrow in Mt. Washington just south of Louisville . P/M me if interested.

Brad, I can highly recommend Berretta9. He did a private class for my wife and I three years ago. He was thorough, entertaining, and sociable. Fun but very professional sums it up. Well worth the drive. My wife was extremely nervous about the range portion, but Greg was great with her.

You're going to pay pretty much the same fee anywhere. By all means consider date and location, but don't choose solely on that. Get your money's worth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts