CC rookie with g26 - nervous about 1 in chamber

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by rxv550, Nov 12, 2010.

1. rxv550

rxv550

I just started carrying my g26 concealed in an MTAC holter. I've been carrying without one in the chamber because I'm nervous about it. What if the gun goes off - probably unlikely. Anyone help talk me through this as I'm sure most would recommend a round in the chamber.

Thanks in advance

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Common concern with folks new to carrying, don't feel bad about it. If your Glock is in factory condition it's immune to going off if dropped, and in a good holster that covers the trigger guard, such as your MTAC, it's not going to go off by itself. Learn to be SCRUPULOUSLY careful about keeping fingers and anything else away from the trigger guard area when you holster, and you should be good to go.

While you're carrying chamber empty, make sure the striker is set, and the trigger forward. This will make it a little easier to rack the slide, and each time you remove the pistol from the holster and see the trigger is still forward because the trigger hasn't been depressed, your confidence will build.

If it gives you more peace of mind you can consider having the Cominolli thumb safety installed. My referral for that is Rick Devoid at Tarnhelm, www.tarnhelm.com. Works only for right-handers, though.

Best of luck. Spend time with the gun, research it, get some training with it. Your confidence should soon build to where you're as comfortable carrying with a round in the chamber as most of the rest of us here.

Best,
    Mas