close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CC Insurance Policy Holders: Your Reasoning?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ShootingRooster, May 31, 2017.

1. ShootingRooster

ShootingRooster These are Great Times for Gun Owners!

The topic of CC insurance keeps coming up. I've spent a fair amount of time researching plans and reading forum posts. Most of the informative forum posts are scattered or the threads have a lot of comments like: "I went with plan X because it was best for me," but without any details as to why that was the best choice for them. Many of the stickied threads in Carry Issues are short or dated, and I know much of the info is different now compared to 2009.

My hope for this thread is for people who currently or previously had some sort of CC coverage to explain their choice and reasoning to help others make an informed decision. If more people make informed choices, the better the CC insurance market will become for everyone (options, price, customer service, services, etc).

Why did you choose Plan X? What factors led to that decision? Are you happy with that decision? Is there anything you wish you had known before you bought a policy? Specifics would be appreciated.

For those without coverage or not considering it, I'd ask you please refrain from commenting too much so as to keep the thread informative and on topic. There are already multiple threads asking for people's opinions on insurance. I'm more interested in people's experiences selecting and with CC coverage, not debating the merits of it.

GT is full of extremely knowledable people, and I look forward to your responses. Hopefully this thread can pool some info together and become a good resource for those of us a bit lost in the sea of CC coverage options.

Thanks in advance!

2. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

I went with CCW Safe. While not the best coverage, it has a good balance of benefits to cost. It is my fervent hope that I am done with gun battles. However, if I should get into another one I am now retired and the City of New York will not be indemnifying me. I own my home, vehicles, and other possessions and would very much like to keep them in the event of another confrontation.

It is a yearly membership, so I have the ability to change plans easily should something better appear on the horizon. The NRA's plans are all too expensive for my tastes.

ShootingRooster and 1L26 like this.

3. dubito

dubito

As I have stated on related threads, I am a member of USCCA and ACLDN. Unfortunately, I don't comment respecting my motivation. I would suggest that carriers who are interested in such coverage to read the fine print and compare the various programs.

MAG40 Student likes this.
  4. 1L26

1L26

I'm a CCW Safe client too. While no plan is the perfect fit this one works best for me and retired LEOs get a very small price adjustment which is always a +.

5. Cashgap

Cashgap

And generally, the discussion confuses prepaid legal plans with actual "insurance".

From the US Lawshield "Legalese" page for example:

"This Legal Service Contract is not an insurance contract."