Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
13,354 Posts
In NM, the porky, liberal, Dimbocrap Albuquerque mayor was successful in shutting down CCW the first time it came up. He said there'd be shootouts in day care facilities and "You'd never know who's "packing" in theaters".

No surprise, no shootouts in day care and who was, still are "packing" are felons. Edited to say "those who are still illegally carring are the felons".

Fortunately, CCW passed the next year. Don

·
Registered
185 Posts
In NM, the porky, liberal, Dimbocrap Albuquerque mayor was successful in shutting down CCW the first time it came up. He said there'd be shootouts in day care facilities and "You'd never know who's "packing" in theaters".

No surprise, no shootouts in day care and who was, still are "packing" are felons.

Fortunately, CCW passed the next year. Don
I have that argument with Libs all the time. I’m from IL originally and a few years ago before IL passed their ccw law, a buddy of mine started talking about how horrible it would be and that you’d never know who was carrying a gun. I said uh, anybody could be carrying one right now. If they are going to use a gun to shoot someone or commit some other crime they certainly aren’t going to worry about whether it’s illegal to carry concealed. You could see the lightbulb go off and he never said anything about it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
I remember when the media said that CCW laws would lead to numerous shoot outs over parking spaces.

Yes they claim, the "Blood will run in the streets", every time there is talk of recognizing gun rights. Their fondest hope is that someday they will be right.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Before my state had CCW, our County Sheriff was one of the most outspoken critics of it. Finally it passed, and concealed carry licenses were mandated to be issued by the County Sheriff of the County you lived in. The Sheriff's office also had to issue or deny within a very short time, and provide the reason for denial, or the permit had to be issued.

After a year or so, a major paper interviewed him again to gain information on how much of a problem concealed carry had turned into. Surprisingly, he said he was amazed at the large numbers of people he was licensing to carry guns, and he was quick to add that he has not had a single problem with anyone of them.

He proceeded to say that he was vehemently against citizen's carrying concealed weapons. But his experience with how little it affected anyone or anything, he was now an advocate for CCW and he thought the citizens carrying guns were the most law abiding.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Police Chiefs are a Mayors puppet. When he speaks its the Mayor's words coming out of his mouth. Sheriffs on the other hand are elected instead of appointed. They are their own man and speak their own words.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
I would be very curious to the statistics on the number of crimes committed by CCW holders nation wide. I would be willing to make a very large bet that statistically speaking CCW holders are some of the most law abiding citizens nation wide.
Very low- almost infinitesimal. Something they hate to talk about, conflict with their "rivers of blood in the street" scenarios.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
I would be very curious to the statistics on the number of crimes committed by CCW holders nation wide. I would be willing to make a very large bet that statistically speaking CCW holders are some of the most law abiding citizens nation wide.

Since they are state issued those stats are compiled by the state issuing body. I’m going from memory, but in TX CHL holders were among the most law abiding of anyone, including LEO. Can’t remember the numbers, but I think it was something in the 0.0n% chance of being a criminal and getting license pulled. I think doctors were far worse in doing bad enough stuff to have their licenses yanked.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
CNN is playing off that show today and has a few articles on their website about mass shootings. Funny how they never get to the part where one good guy with a gun has the potential to be the best protection in these instances.
Unfortunately their liberal logic says that if a good guy with a gun shoots a bad guy (with a gun or not), then the presence of a "gun" resulted in a homicide.

Therefore that gun killed someone, and thus all guns are bad. They don't differentiate between killing bad people so good people may live.

It doesn't fit their agenda which is "people must be controlled".

1 - 20 of 409 Posts