Cavalry Arms Is run out of gun business by BATFE

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by scottlang, Feb 21, 2010.

1. scottlang

scottlang Millennium Member

2/15/2010 Press Release

Dear Friends and Loyal Customers:

As you may be aware, we have been engaged in an ongoing dispute with the ATF for the past two years. While Cavalry Arms has at all times tried its best to run a lawful and honest shop, unfortunately, some regulatory compliance mistakes were made. We have now come to the point where we feel it is in our best interest to close our FFL and to cease all firearms operations. The owner of Cavalry Arms, Shawn Nealon, has elected to leave the firearms business and concentrate on firearms accessories instead. We are currently in negotiations with another company for that company to purchase the CAV-15 product line. Rest assured that any resulting purchase agreement will address the issue of providing service and support with regard to existing CAV-15 firearm products. We will continue to manufacture quality plastic components, grow our Medical products line, and work to bring new innovations to the relevant markets. Over the next several weeks we will be conducting a wind-down of our firearms manufacturing and FFL operations. Accordingly, please do not send us any firearms for repair or replacement. Instead, such issues should be addressed to the ultimate purchaser of our assets. Due to our limited personnel resources, during this transition/operation wind-down period, the final processing and shipping of firearm receivers already in our inventory will be our first priority.

We deeply appreciate your patience and understanding and anticipate that the relevant asset purchaser will begin operations in March of 2010. We sincerely thank you for your prior and ongoing support during these troubled times and look forward to better years ahead.

Thank you,
    Cavalry Arms

http://www.cavalryarms.com/

2. scottlang

They can't shut us down with the lawmakers so they harass gun owner, sellers, and makers out of business.:steamed:

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

That dude has had problems for years. If you can not keep the paperwork
    straight, you do not belong in the business!
    Don't blame his incompetence on the ATF,.....he screwed up MANY times, & lost his license. Clear and simple!

4. scottlang

Then explain why every FFL I know is being harassed by the JBT's of the ATF. One has had her records looked at and 3 refused straw buyers in 1 week.

5. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo

I don't know the details, so I won't speculate.

What I KNOW is that there is now 1 less FFL and quality AR company.

6. ElevatedThreat

ElevatedThreat NRA Member

I suspect that Obama has probably hired a lot of new BATFE folks recently, who need something to do.

Thus they are out rousting FFL holders.

If you are old enough, you recall that the invention of the FFL was supposed to be the ANSWER to gun control. Of course, people actually qualified for and GOT their FFLs, which was not what the gun grabbers had intended in imposing the license requirement.

So now there has been an effort, starting back under Clinton/Reno, to sharply lower the numbers of FFL holders.

And as the number of FFLs goes down, the frequency with which the BATFE can come after each, goes up.

-ET

7. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Air thin up there?

8. dan8402

dan8402

The company admits that they messed up some paperwork in the letter. I don't see how that equates to the ATF running them out of business.

9. nnickatnight

nnickatnight

The Bureau of Gas Em and Burn Em aren't your friends!

10. mdwiese

mdwiese aka "Crash"

11. Glock2008

Glock2008 Gun User

I agree.

12. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

The GT legal experts check in.

[​IMG]

13. Dr. J Frame

Dr. J Frame LSWCHP +P

I don't know the happenings here, but I do know that 2 people can submit the same question and receive 2 completely different answers regarding legalities. Been through it myself. Getting absolute, definable answers from them seems difficult. One time being directed to Attorney Generals offices, who simply redirected me right back to them.

Manufacturing is not as simple as, say, maintaining an FFL, which I think many are basing their opinions on here.

14. wavetrain75

wavetrain75 Useless Member

I don't have all the facts, but clearly the police acted stupidly...

15. space_weazel

space_weazel

Any info to back this claim, or are you just assuming that ........

16. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Yep,....guess so! :upeyes:

17. tlafrance

tlafrance Missing AZ

Carefully read the highlighted portion. At no point do they mention paperwork issues. Their paperwork was and always has been in compliance, there have never been any "issues".

The situation resulted from off sight production of the plastic lower parts. Final assembly was completed on sight at the address listed on the FFL. ATFE gave permission to do things this way (In writing) since the plastic was useless until joined and sonic welded together (final mfg). Then without warning or notice the ATFE changed their mind and decided that if you duct taped the hunks of plastic together it MAY be capable of firing a shot, therefore "mfg" was being done off sight at an address not listed on the FFL.

"COMPLIANCE" was the issue, regardless that they had permission in writing, a decision was made to enforce, tough toenail is the ATFE attitude. At no point were they given the opportunity to comply OR were they advised of the change, they were raided. They (CAV Arms) SHOULD have been psychic or looked into the crystal ball to know they were doing wrong.

Before making disparaging statements or supposition, please check your facts.

BTW I've know most of the CAV crew personally for 20+ years:wavey:

Tom

18. RightGlock1

RightGlock1

So we are supposed to rely on these drag queens to make our laws? :rofl:
    [​IMG]

19. silentpoet

silentpoet

If I were president I would not sign any budget that provided any money for the ATF.

20. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

While the overall mission of the ATF may be questionable to some, this is simply a complete and udder falsehood. There have not been a lot of new hires in ANY sector of Fed LEO in the last year. In fact, massive budget cuts are sweeping Fed LEO agencies and departments.

ETA - A quick look at the ATF career hiring page, as well as other sources, shows that the ATF is hiring for 7 positions across the country, and new Special Agent positions haven't been opened up in months, if not year +. Those 7 positions are mostly clerical jobs, 1 job is for a special agent in charge. 0 for investigators. As I said, this hasn't changed in months if not a year.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010