close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

CAUTION!-WWW.EastCountyGuns.com on Gunbroker

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Kirkcdl, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Kirkcdl

Kirkcdl

This seller has "sold" the same gun at least 6 times,all with no reserve.I have emailed GB 4 times,and not only have I gotten zero response from support at Gunbroker,the gun keeps getting "sold" and then showing up in a new listing.The current item number is 52116358 and it is for a Beretta Cougar 8357.If this was a very common gun in a common caliber I probably wouldn't have noticed,but the Cougar in 357sig is NOT a very common gun,not that many were made.I find it VERY difficult to believe this shop has a dozen or so.Just a "buyer beware" for all out there that may be tempted to do business with this seller.Of course,I invite this seller to post a response here or on the other boards this is on,in case I am in error...

2. pops572

pops572

Maybe he has a shell bidder, and is letting him win until it gets to the right price. That way he can get a reserve price without setting a reserve. Just a thought i had while reading your post.

3. Kirkcdl

Kirkcdl

First of all,I wish to point out to anyone who has responded on various boards that I did not accuse EastCountyGuns of ANYTHING!Okay?Also,I only stated facts,which as I re-read them,could appear as an accusation of wrongdoing,and that is my fault.

I will also take the opportunity to say that I emailed ECG inquiring as to the quantity of these particular pistols that were actually available,and the answer was absolutely NOT what I had thought it would be.

I WAS WRONG,and I'm feeling a bit humble right now.I was informed,very politely,that there are about 20 of these in stock,and the only reason they didn't put them all up for sale at once is that they didn't want to "flood the market" with what is admittedly,by my own words,a hard gun to sell.

I owe EastCountyGuns an apology for my assumptions,and for the careless way I presented them.Hopefully I'll learn from this,however,I am human,and far from perfect.

To those of you that chose to castigate me for what you perceived to be blantant,baseless accusations,all I can say is perhaps you'd benefit from some sort of college level class in reading comprehension.

Once again,I apologize to ECG and anyone affiliated with them for my incorrect assumptions AND the manner in which I presented them.

4. borderguy

borderguy

Fact: You falsely stated that ECG had sold the same gun 6 times.
    Fact: You stated the buyer should beware when doing gusiness with ECG.
    Fact: You posted his "warning" and at least 3 different gun boards before you even bother to check with ECG.
    Fact: ECG posts the phone number in all their ads and you didn't even give them the courtesy of a call before posting your "warning"

Fact: I don't need a college level class in reading comprehension to see who the real problem is here.

5. borderguy

borderguy

6. krazyzx9

krazyzx9

I had one dealing with them. It was a great transaction. Very happy.

7. Kirkcdl

Kirkcdl

Yes,Borderguy,you truly are a brain surgeon...

FACT-I saw the SAME picture of the SAME gun,with the SAME serial number(!),6 times,you're a liar to say otherwise.Period.

FACT-I DID email GunBroker 4 times with no response,again,you're a LIAR to say otherwise.Period.Again.

How you can say I did these things falsely is beyond me.

As far as the rest goes,I actually intended my post to be a mere heads-up to anyone that was thinking of buying from him,I have since discovered I was wrong,I posted as such and I was man enough to admit my error.Are you???

I admit I cannot PROVE anyone was scammed,in fact I don't believe anyone was,and I was VERY wrong in the way I worded my original post,which,as I have since admitted,was way off base to start with.

Please let me know how you do that walking on water thing,I might want to learn it someday.Until then,I'll be satisfied with just being human...

And if you want to say I did anything falsely,which does imply intent,be prepared to prove my intent,or mind your own business.Go be a TROLL somewhere else...

8. borderguy

borderguy

A troll is some who states falsehoods.
    Or tries to damage the reputation of a gun dealer with no proof.

Perhaps it is you who needs a lesson in comprehension!!!!..