Caught another pickerel

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by The Pontificator, Nov 2, 2003.

1. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

Caught a very nice chain pickerel (jackfish) this evening off the dock using 8 lb. line and a Mepps No. 2 silver white bucktail French spinner.

Fish was just shy of 2' long and put up quite a fight.

2. f1b32oPTic

f1b32oPTic R4d104c71v3

i caught a 4lb.er on a chrome and blue 1/2oz. rattle trap while bass fishing...they are beautiful fish...mini muskies

3. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

Tonight's repast: Pan-fried chain pickerel in a cornmeal crust served with tartar sauce and plenty of lemon wedges.

Flesh was light, sweet, and flaky without a trace of "weediness" or "muddiness" associated with pickerel caught during the warmer months of the year.

Belly-busting size fish. I'm stuffed! ;f

4. Tvov

Tvov

I'm sure it's just me, but I've found pickerel have the habit of following the lure, and hitting it just as it gets back to you. So, they're practically already in the boat when they are hooked.

My son and I do have fun catching them!

P.S. I'm a die hard Rapala man!

5. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

A beautiful creek runs through my little burg here on Tobaccy Road. Lots of folks catch lots of "jackfish", bass and bream (panfish). Friend of mine just called a few minutes ago, trying to get me motivated to take a trip down the creek. BTW, a creek here is the same as a river in the western states! ;)