Caturday is upon us. All is well....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Peace Warrior, Mar 28, 2009.

1. RPK Clone

RPK Clone

Happy birthday, house panther!

Foxterriermom, Dragline and Inyo Tim like this.
  2. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

Hi guys,
    sorry to be a bother but looking for any info or advice.

We just found a little blood (3 or 4 dilute spots maybe an 3/4 inch in diameter) that looked to be vomited up inside our kitties' playroom. Not 100% sure which one it was, but I'm reasonably confident it was Hana; this morning she was off her feed and I just now offered all 3 kitties some fresh chicken treats. Hana was the only one that refused to eat. She's still playful, does not appear to be in any distress, but there's no vet within 100 miles open tonight. Current plan is to get her to the vet first thing in the morning when they open. Maybe it would be best to take all 3? All our kitties are indoor cats, never go outside and spend most of their time in a safe playroom - nothing dangerous there for them to get in to.

Any ideas on what could be the cause? She had her rabies and feline leukemia shots a week ago, last time she had them she did have some bloody diarrhea but it was the next day, not a week later. Really concerned about her, but she seems stable, so I'm telling myself to chill and just take good care of her. Right now we moved her out of the playroom into the main area with us so we could keep an eye on her tonight.

Any info welcome & prayers for little Hana are doubly welcome,
    Grumpy

Inyo Tim likes this.

3. Ay Dios Mio

Ay Dios Mio

Little flower...hang in there, girl.

4. Inyo Tim

Inyo Tim Senior Moment

The loss of appetite could be serious I would think. The fact that Hana is still playing is a good sign. I think she will be OK until you can get her to a vet Grumpy. Hoping in the morning she is better. Please keep us updated.

5. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

Thanks, just got out of the kitties room a couple minutes ago. Hana still wants to jump in my lap and claim it as hers, then get brushed, other than no appetite she's behaving fine. When I gave 'em their night-time treats, I sat out 3 cat dishes like always and Hana was the only one that ignored hers. Sakura and Momo both pigged out on theirs then ate hers, so their appetites are unimpaired.

Going to be a long night, probably will get up a couple more times to check on her before morning. Really hoping its nothing. All three kitties are from the same litter so have lived with each other their entire lives; only about 2-1/2 years old now so I want 'em to be a happy kitty family for many years yet to come.

Grumpy

rugercat78, RPK Clone and Inyo Tim like this.
  6. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

Prayers and good thoughts inbound, Grumpy. I hope it turns out to be nothing. Hang in there, and please keep us updated.

-Pat

7. NoJoy

NoJoy

8. Cap’n Flamingo

Cap’n Flamingo

Our cats sure like living lakeside during the summer. IMG_3193.JPG IMG_3194.JPG IMG_3192.JPG

Glock17193643, pittpa, Cade and 13 others like this.
  9. Cap’n Flamingo

Cap’n Flamingo

I think our LC (stands for L’il Cat) would get along famously with yours. IMG_3191.JPG

10. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

Fingers crossed, Hana's appetite has come back and she's every bit as lively as normal. The blood on the floor is still worrying, but maybe she just had an intestinal bug or something and threw up very hard. My wife freaked out big time last night when she saw the blood; when someone poisoned our previous cats (that were allowed outside), loss of appetite and bleeding were the symptoms. That's why we're so protective of our new kitty family. Really wish it was safe to allow them outside, Hana in particular would love it (she's the adventurous one). Funny story, the one time we allowed Momo out on our fenced-in 2nd story deck, she ran inside as fast as her fat little legs could carry her! She loves to watch the outside world behind the safety of a window but she was terrified to see it in person! Hana we had to bring inside pretty quickly because she was working out how to climb out of the fenced in area, she wanted to explore. Sakura seemed content to sit in the sunshine and watch the world without a window in the way, but we would need a true cat-patio that is escape-proof to allow them to spend time outside.

Keeping an eye on my kitties, but fingers are crossed that this is just a once-off thing. Will still probably get her in to the vet to be looked over a little later today. Not as urgent to rush her in first thing in the morning now.

Grumpy

11. Inyo Tim

Inyo Tim Senior Moment

Good news indeed. Please keep us updated. (Maybe a photo of Hana?)

RPK Clone, rugercat78 and Cubdriver like this.
  12. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

Yes!! We need pics! I'm very glad to hear that her appetite is back, and hope this means all is well in Hana-land.

-Pat

Inyo Tim, RPK Clone and rugercat78 like this.
  13. Ohsheepdog

Ohsheepdog

Love looks from Leila and I think Onyx is broken...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Foxterriermom, Cade, ZekerMan and 8 others like this.
  14. Pythonman

Pythonman

15. Inyo Tim

Inyo Tim Senior Moment

Grumpy, I remembered Hana having a problem with her shots last year. I would bet this is what's going on. I went back and read your posts from last year in May.

RPK Clone and Grumpy_old_man like this.
  16. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

I had thought about that too, but checked with the vet. Interesting day today. It turns out Hana had "hairball-zilla" last night or early this morning (found it in one of the kitty-houses we keep in their playroom) and evidently her efforts to get it out irritated her esophagus enough to bleed a little. She's fine now, very energetic and playful. Also hungry.

Here's a more recent pic of the girl. She's balancing on top of a scratching post, all 4 feet on that tiny top, its one of her favorite tricks.
    IMG_0118 - Copy.JPG
    Thanks again for the thoughts,
    Grumpy

Pistolay, Foxterriermom, Cade and 7 others like this.
  17. Inyo Tim

Inyo Tim Senior Moment

You have a good vet Grumpy. Hana is a pin-up girl. What a looker.

18. Ay Dios Mio

Ay Dios Mio

19. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

And who is Hana's friend back there?

20. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

That's Sakura, her sister. Hana, Sakura, and Momo were all from the same litter, a blend of Siamese and Persian parents. Hana and Sakura really show their heritage, though Momo just looks like a fat grey tabby.

Grumpy