Cats with the sneezies

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by UtahIrishman, Sep 6, 2005.

1. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR

I can't figure out what's going on. For about the last week every one of our cats accept one, the long hair, has been having serious sneezing fits. I don't think they have colds. I've seen cats before when they have colds and their eyes aren't swelling up or anything like that. We haven't changed food or cat litter so I don't think it's allergies. Other than sneezing all the time they seem perfectly healthy.

Any ideas?

2. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

It's an upper respitory infection.......all my cats have had these before.......

go to the vet and they will get him/her fixed up with some anti-biotics.........real easy to fix up........

3. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR

Thanks peach... they all seem to be getting better, but we are going to take them to the vet anyway just to be sure. When you have five cats you don't just run 'em down to the vet everyday...but we don't want sick cats either :)

4. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

The vet may give you enough anti-botics to give to all your cats.......that Upper Respitory stuff is so dayum contagious between cats!!!!

5. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR

He did actually. we took in two and when he heard that we had three more he said it would continue round robin. So we got a prescription for all five.