close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cats steal!

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Glennbo, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Glennbo

Glennbo

I'm sitting at the table, working on a layout, when one of my cat's jumps up and starts batting around my white-out pen. Well, I let him do it because he's a good cat and deserves some fun, and I don't need it right away. He knocks it onto the floor and plays with it. I know I should have stepped in at this point, but I was concentrating on my work. Needless to say, I suddenly need the white-out pen and it's nowhere to be found. I look everywhere. It's gone...into a black hole. I've looked under chairs and sofas. Everywhere! It's ...just gone! I've searched for 20 minutes now, and of course now I'm obsessed. The cat just watches me with amusement. I even talked to him, saying please tell me where it is. He knows what I'm asking, he just acts dumb. How can this be? I can't continue without my white-out pen. I guess I just have to drive and get another one. Did he eat it? I'm going crazy!

2. tony4311

tony4311

check under the kitchen appliances?

3. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

You will find it in the last place that you look for it!;f

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

My cat has a thing for pens, pencils, anything stick shaped like that ;g

Look under the bed?

5. JByer323

JByer323 Is it dead?

Oh you'll find it. White stains on that nice black leather jacket of yours, no doubt. ;)

6. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Oh my hell Glennbo!!!! ;z ;z ;z

I bet you he batted it around for a while and it is wedged under some appliance......I am finding Milo's play mice all over the place.....

7. HandyMan Hugh

Yes cats steal! Siamese cats have a streak of larceny in their souls that's at least three feet wide.

When I was a youngster, my mom bred sealpoint Siamese cats for fun and profit. When we stopped doing that, we kept one of our queens as a pet. A lovely lady named Cleopatra. Cleo LOVED anything fowl, chicken, turkey, duck, she WANTED it. One year, the night before thanksgiving my mom put a frozen turkey on top of the gas stove to thaw it. About an hour later we heard a huge clatter and thump from the kitchen. We looked to see what had happened, and found Cleo dragging a 22 pound frozen turkey toward the cellar doorway. She was really determined to get that bird for herself. It outweighed her by 10 pounds. She'd jerk it back by one leg, back up two steps, and jerk it back again. Our sweet Cleo growled at us when my dad and I took the turkey from her. I can still see that in my minds eye as if it had happened yesterday, and it was 50 years ago. ;f

8. S2nd

S2nd One happy cat

;z ;z ;z

Now THAT'S a memorable Thanksgiving!

9. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

that IS a great story!!!! ;c

Yeah, Siamese can be sneaky, but by hell they sure play fetch better than many dogs!!! ;f ;f

10. HandyMan Hugh

Thanks for your appreciation. Cleo was quite a cat. I have always preferred Siamese over any other breed we have ever had. They seem to have more "catinality", and more intelligence. Not that I've ever encountered any stupid cats, it seems that Siamese just are much smarter.

We should all bear in mind that with a dog you're family.
    With a cat, you're staff.

;z

11. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

Don't you just hate smart animals? Especially when they're smarter than you.

;g

;8 ;I

12. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I wondered where this thread came from.....1 year in the cellar......heh!!

Re-reading those stories just made me laugh out loud........

Thanks!!!!

I so do LOVE siamese!! The ONLY cat to have in my opinion!!! (that's why I have owned FOUR!!!) ;z ;g