Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
two of our cats are very prone to flea bites and are more or less have algeries toward them.

we used to take them to the vet at intervals for the alergy shots....but they have got too costly .....around $15 a pop ! :crying:

the frontline and similar stuff is pretty good but has gotten pretty costly also

have bathed with mix results......keeps there scabbies down for a while and helps the itching but seems short lived.
i have used sergants gold flea and tick shampoo. is there any better shampoos available and where should i go to get them ?
any sprays or similar product i could use effectively ?

have some dr. bromers 18 in 1 hemp peppermint shampoo shampoo that we used in a sick cat we had that was recomended to us for him.....but havent used it on the other cats thinking the flea and tick stuff would be better.

suggestions appreciated !:wavey:

there used to be a neighbor who said she " dipped " her cats.....i am not sure what she done or what means.

thanks wally:supergrin:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Howdy,

My cats suffer the same. I don't know about the shots for allergies, but you can get frontline for cheap from www.petsmightymart.com. Its a pet store based in Australia so stuff is actually pretty cheap. I got frontline and droncit ( for worms) for a good price. You need a script for droncit in America, but they didn't require it.

Jonathan

·
Registered
106 Posts
I used to have a registered german shepherd that was allergic to fleas. The vet said that when a dog or cat is allergic to fleas, for whatever reason, fleas are drawn to them like a magnet. I never came up with an actual remedy; just flea collars, shampoos, etc.

Anyway, my grandparents had a collie which they used to "dip" in an attempt to get rid of hot spots (hair falling out in spots).

If you'll do a google search on flea dip for cats, you'll get lots of hits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts