Debate Catholic Bishop Excommunicates All Homosexuals

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Ramjet38, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

I wonder if Pope Francis is good with this?

Catholic Bishop Excommunicates All Homosexuals In His Diocese, Orders All Priests Under Him To Withhold The Sacraments Unless They Repent
    “The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops. The priests who venerate me will be scorned and opposed by their confreres…churches and altars sacked; the Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord.

“The demon will be especially implacable against souls consecrated to God. The thought of the loss of so many souls is the cause of my sadness. If sins increase in number and gravity, there will be no longer pardon for them”
    [​IMG]
    http://shoebat.com/2017/06/23/catho...o-withhold-the-sacraments-unless-they-repent/

2. rock_castle

rock_castle Proud Nationalist who loves his country

Who will conduct mass now?

DA SWO and orangejeep06 like this.

3. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

I was kinda wondering myself for some of the parish's.

At least some I guess are true to the cause.

4. Dave514

Dave514

Sinners not welcome.

5. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

That does seem counter productive, but I see a reason of not giving sacraments if they're blatantly showing their sin in their face, and expecting the church just to look the other way. That would show the church condoning their actions.

6. Dave514

Dave514

The number of second marriage, known adulterers, drunks, liars, amphetamine moms, etc... I saw take communion every Sunday morning....after being out late sinning on Saturday night...there is a clear hierarchy of "sin".

7. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

That's a good point, and since everyone is a sinner then none could take communion in the Bishop's eyes, but this wasn't the case.

I'm wondering though all those adulterers, drunks and liars etc. if their sin was visible to all members of the church or hidden. Were the gays likewise visible in their actions at church, or was it known through confession of either groups?

How did the Bishop know who the gay people are unless it was through confession, and in that case I would think they would be asking for spiritual help for their sin. If that's so I don't know why they couldn't take communion.

I'm just asking questions as I'm not Catholic, but am curious.